Jack Swagger arrested for DUI and possession of marijuana

pain-giver

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be honest, the heels & faces all singing a Christmas carol together last year was probably a bigger challenge to kayfabe than this was.

This, a 1000 times.

I'm happy with this video, it seems they are using it to deflect from the DUI. I like Swagger, I like Del Rio and I love the idea of the Championship having a strong feud at WM. Far more interested in this match than the other title match or whatever Taker, Triple H or Punk will do.

Troy - Same here. No interest in Punk, Triple H or the other title match at this point (hopefully that changes), although I am interested in Undertaker. Shame if tonight is the end but if it is there's noone else to blame.

Dutch Mantel even does that like an amazing promo. Dutch fucking rules.

He really does. Even reading the company line he comes across as a great speaker. One of the best promo guys ever. Watching him slip back into character is amazing.

Don't mind them breaking kayfabe in prepared press releases (which is what that was in video format) or in mainstream interviews, same as I didn't mind every article ever acknowledging Vince as the owner when I was a kid, even though he liked to pretend to just be a commentator on TV, just as long as this doesn't air like that on TV.

I know things have apparently become a bit more 'kayfabe' the last few years with DVD releases/documentaries, etc. but even when things like the DVD releases, autobiographies or their own Raw magazine were breaking kayfabe it didn't bother me just as long as there was a clear distinction between that and the onscreen product. Nowhere near the level of having them say that or claim they are "breaking the fourth wall" or having the announcers say they are "deviating from the script" or any of that crap. I just hope they don't go down that route with this. That would suck.

That's fucking terrible. What a soft old cunt Vince is these days.

These days?

Love how Vince cut that like a promo as well - even when he's trying to be serious he's still a carny pro wrestling character. Everyone in the wrestling business is thin skinned, no surprise the top guy is as well. That said, I don't think either of those videos make Vince a cunt.

I've watched the Dutch/Swagger out of character video a couple of times since it was posted and I like it. It's an unexpected response and wasn't plastered all over Raw and Smackdown so not as many people as WWE would like you to believe with all the social media bs they spout, will have bothered to watch it. Did anyone really watch Raw last night and during Swaggers segments actually fail to suspend their belief any more than usual? The only problem I had with it was "we don't depict murder or rape" When Vince had a storyline where he was blown up in his limo (OK it ended before we could get to the attempted murder stuff but it was strongly hinted at) and didn't Melina try to say Batista raped her when her whoring herself out to get Nitro out of a match backfired? I'm sure there was another rape storyline a few years back too.

He's just saying they don't do it now. Not that they never have.

They have been saying it for years though. They were definitely saying it before the Lita/Kane and Batista/Melina rapes, and probably in between the Terri/Pillman fake-rape and the X-Pac/Tori and HHH/Stephanie fake-rapes. I guess you can do a rape storyline if a few weeks later it turns out the woman was just an evil slag all along. They used to use "no rapes and murders" to justify themselves in the attitude era.

I don't know if I've completely imagined this but was there a t-shirt in the attitude era that had a slogan like "No knives... No guns... Just steel chairs"?

• Paid Members
I don't know if I've completely imagined this but was there a t-shirt in the attitude era that had a slogan like "No knives... No guns... Just steel chairs"?

There was. Al Snow wore it as part of his ring attire on occasion.

• Moderators
He's just saying they don't do it now. Not that they never have.

They have been saying it for years though. They were definitely saying it before the Lita/Kane and Batista/Melina rapes, and probably in between the Terri/Pillman fake-rape and the X-Pac/Tori and HHH/Stephanie fake-rapes. I guess you can do a rape storyline if a few weeks later it turns out the woman was just an evil slag all along. They used to use "no rapes and murders" to justify themselves in the attitude era.

I was not aware of this. Still it's an easy lie isn't it?

Did anyone really watch Raw last night and during Swaggers segments actually fail to suspend their belief any more than usual?

I was expecting to hate the segment but Zeb is so great (and Del Rio also did very well) that I easily shrugged off the OOT video.

Swagger is still the drizzling shits though.

Archived