Jack Swagger arrested for DUI and possession of marijuana

pain-giver

I wouldn't mind seeing Zeb and The Shield working together after Wrestlemania to be honest.

Even ignoring recent events and even with Zeb as his mouthpiece Swagger is still as boring as watching paint dry and would probably have been dumped back into the middle of the card following his feud with Del Rio anyway.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
But if they could get him cheap then why not?

If this was about five years ago, I might agree - TNA's roster wasn't all that great in terms of workers with solid mainstream-style skills back then, so someone like Swagger could've done OK. But they're now way past that point; bringing in someone like Swagger to put him in the main event would just make them look small-time again, and they've got more than enough midcarders right now.

I don't think there's any place to put him.

EDIT: That said, there is ONE way I could imagine Swagger would be welcome, and that is if WWE kept the feud going until he lost to Del Rio at WM, and then fired him - only because his profile would at that point be pretty high, and he'd have had enough time with Colter to benefit from that rub. But WWE are usually careful about letting that sort of thing happen these days anyway - I don't think they'd fire him if his storyline was successful, they'd probably just fine him a shitload (like penalising him his WM bonus), or at worst job him to fuckery THEN release him.

• Paid Members
EDIT: That said, there is ONE way I could imagine Swagger would be welcome, and that is if WWE kept the feud going until he lost to Del Rio at WM, and then fired him - only because his profile would at that point be pretty high, and he'd have had enough time with Colter to benefit from that rub. But WWE are usually careful about letting that sort of thing happen these days anyway - I don't think they'd fire him if his storyline was successful, they'd probably just fine him a shitload (like penalising him his WM bonus), or at worst job him to fuckery THEN release him.

If they keep the match at WM then they should just use this as a angle, say the drugs had been planted and the coppers who pulled him over was working in crack house south of the border 2 years ago. Say the only reason he got pulled was because the people who pulled him over was not "His kind of People".

Personally even tho I'm not a fan of him as a face, I would love to see Ryback in Swaggers role, he could even use Sheamus as a buffer into Zebs group, being as Shemus could be classed as not 1 of his people.

When did wrestlers stop being drunk-driving dickheads, on the whole? When the Hardys and Edge and Christian were new, Bradshaw and co were giving them initiation tasks of drinking a crate of beer on every drive and all that. And in interviews, old timers talk about how much they'd drink as they drove to the next town. With the odd exception, these days it's mostly bored FCW wrestlers getting stopped. Has that culture been stamped out now, or does it still happen a lot and the ones who get caught are just unlucky?

But if they could get him cheap then why not?

If this was about five years ago, I might agree - TNA's roster wasn't all that great in terms of workers with solid mainstream-style skills back then, so someone like Swagger could've done OK. But they're now way past that point; bringing in someone like Swagger to put him in the main event would just make them look small-time again, and they've got more than enough midcarders right now.

I don't think there's any place to put him.

All good points

I was just pointing out its not that much of a stretch to see him in TNA

The thing is though would Dutch be willing to continue working with Swagger? he would be well within his rights to tell them where to go.

• Paid Members

Oh, I agree with that. But unless that edited bit comes about, I don't think it's likely. TNA seem to have finally outgrown that "starving dog" syndrome they used to have.

The thing is though would Dutch be willing to continue working with Swagger? he would be well within his rights to tell them where to go.

Definitely. Swagger's really cocked this up. However, I do think it's likely that, given Dutch's time in the business, he'd be the sort of pro who'd carry on with it, simply because he knows it would affect other guys than just Swagger.

• Moderators
When did wrestlers stop being drunk-driving dickheads, on the whole? When the Hardys and Edge and Christian were new, Bradshaw and co were giving them initiation tasks of drinking a crate of beer on every drive and all that. And in interviews, old timers talk about how much they'd drink as they drove to the next town. With the odd exception, these days it's mostly bored FCW wrestlers getting stopped. Has that culture been stamped out now, or does it still happen a lot and the ones who get caught are just unlucky?

I'd imagine it still happens a fair bit. I know wrestling is a lot more sanitised these days, but the drink-driving culture is pretty big over there anyway and not as stigmatised as it is here, and these guys are on the road all the time.

I can't believe it after the biggest push ever. Does this mean that he is off wrestlemania

As I have mentioned elsewhere I am fairly sure he will end up in TNA. I cant see WWE keeping him after this and in TNA he can do his weed and also get a big push like RVD does.

Fairly sure he will go to TNA? Has he got friends there? Has he got connections? Has he been in TNA before? Bit of a daft assumption. Why would they want a shit version of an All American, when they have the real deal being Kurt Angle.

He will go to TNA because they will want him to feud with Kurt Angle. He would be a great Aces and Eights leader like I said because Angle already has issues with them. And the fact that he has never been in TNA before is the reason why they would want to sign him. Get with the picture Twinn.

No he would be a shite leader of Aces and Eights,he may end up working there but your jumping the gun about how they would want him to feud with Angle

Thats what YOU want to see

Seeing Swagger lead a biker group would be worse than when Devon was unmasked

Also have you not read the rest of this thread?

There are good talents out there like Morrision and Masters neither which have been in TNA(i dont count Masters dark matches)

You dont see them signed do you?

Its all about Money and TNA dont spend like they once did

Hey if he gets fired from WWE then good luck to him if TNA take him on but its not set in stone

• Paid Members
I was listening to a podcast today and they were talking about Zeb Colter and how he would be working with The Wyatt Family when they are moved to the main shows from NXT.

There'd be no point in that. Bray Wyatt is their mouthpiece and he's fucking awesome and creepy.

Also the poster who said about putting him with The Shield is a lunatic. Why would The Shield need some fat old guy?

Getting a DUI with drugs in your car is far worse than hitting a fan in 'self defense' (although the wrong fan). You've got to be an idiot to think they're comparable, one could have left a slight bruise from a instinctive response - the other could have killed innocent people through premeditated sheer ignorance.

What kind of example would it send to the rest of the roster if they let him off the hook?

Archived