C (or D) Show Appreciation

HarmonicGenerator

Just been working my way through worldwide 94. In the first one from February Gene Okerlund interviews col. Robert Parker with the team he's assembled for Superbrawl 4 of Austin who stands at the front, Rude seems to be on a platform behind him and Orndorff at the back as the camera is at first focused on Parker, Orndorff being the shortest is desperately trying to get in camera shot first one side then the other Rudes taking the piss out of him doing double biceps poses and going on his tip toes. Good stuff.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The WCW shows did seem great, but not seeing them at the time puts you at a loss, no matter how fun they are browsing through youtube and the like today. That wcwmainevent1991 channel that was around for a while was a treat especially, it;s a shame it seems to be no more.

The wrestling king that was DSF showed a lot of them at the time.

Not much use to me now!

Didn't have Sky until quite late so I was a WCW fan until Heat started being show right at the end of 99. Sunday afternoons were Dermot O'Leary and Margheritta whatsherface introducing the Mean Street Posse, Low Down, Crash Holly, Essa Rios, Dean Malenko, Val Venis, T & A, Kevin Kelly, Michael Hayes, Coach and occasionally Edge, Christian, Hardyz and that one Triple H match. Throw in a recap from Raw and Smackdown, and a behind-the-scenes filming of a Chef Boyardee commercial or a DX or Fozzy music video, and I was salivating for more.

Seeing an earlier post, I actually remember the show mentioned there as the moment I saw Christian do that springboard to the outside, and thinking this was so much better than WCW. Don't know why because I had seen all the cruiserweights up to that point, but that really sticks out.

Sunday afternoons were Dermot O'Leary and Margheritta whatsherface introducing the Mean Street Posse

I still hold a grudge against that O' Leary twat for his weekly shitting on professional wrestling, under the guise of humour. I don't care how good he is on X-Factor.

• Paid Members
Sunday afternoons were Dermot O'Leary and Margheritta whatsherface introducing the Mean Street Posse

I still hold a grudge against that O' Leary twat for his weekly shitting on professional wrestling, under the guise of humour. I don't care how good he is on X-Factor.

Reminds me of the voiceover guy for Channel 5 constantly having pops at WCW when WorldWide was on. One that stands out:

• Paid Members

That tosser couldnt have made it anymore clear he hated wrestling. Family Affairs and Friday Night Softcore he was all happy with, but wrestling was out of his taste range. My favourite was when the Silver and Black nWo ran down Sid's car in their monster truck with Sid inside and the voice over bloke went "Oooo, I hope he updated his MOT".

• Paid Members
That tosser couldnt have made it anymore clear he hated wrestling. Family Affairs and Friday Night Softcore he was all happy with, but wrestling was out of his taste range. My favourite was when the Silver and Black nWo ran down Sid's car in their monster truck with Sid inside and the voice over bloke went "Oooo, I hope he updated his MOT".

Yeah, but Channel 5 was just trolling the wrestling all the time anyway. KAPOW!

Just read this quote on another forum about the "Worldwide on Channel 5" debacle :

I used to watch this on a regular basis and episodes were all mixed up and Jeff Jarrett would be champ one week and the next week he would not lol.

That wasn't Channel 5, that was just WcW.

• Paid Members

Whoever was editing the shows were all to cock. One episode Jarrett came out with the Harris twins with beards and earlier on the nWo Silver were giving them kicking without beards. It was well out of date as well. Benoit and Bret Hart were still a solid force in C5 time, where as in real life they'd split, Bret had turned heel and retired and Benoit was working No Way Out against Too Cool.

• Paid Members
Whoever was editing the shows were all to cock. One episode Jarrett came out with the Harris twins with beards and earlier on the nWo Silver were giving them kicking without beards. It was well out of date as well. Benoit and Bret Hart were still a solid force in C5 time, where as in real life they'd split, Bret had turned heel and retired and Benoit was working No Way Out against Too Cool.

The biggest giveaway was when they had their second UK tour in 2000 with Scott Hudson randomly plugging it.

Not sure if it can be classed as a C show in the proper sense of the word, but WWF Mania was always my 'can't miss' show of the week.

How on earth did you guys manage to catch WCW Pro? Tape trading? I don't recall that even being on DSF back in the day.

It used to air around 1991 - early 1992 up to march really early in the morning about 1.50am on a late sat/sun morning. DSF did air it as Ive a load on tape from 1993 up to end of 1996 it mainly aired on a wednesday night though.

The best bit about C shows is going back to them in a few years and seeing which jobbers made it. I bought a 99/00 set of metal a couple of years back and it was cool seeing how many of those unknowns became major names in WWE & TNA. You had Ken Anderson, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Frankie Kazarian, Low Ki, James Storm, Chris Harris and many more (and yes I count Chris Harris as a major name because at one point he was one of the hottest things in wrestling when AMW was at its peak and he was poised for a singles push while James Storm was on the shelf - I'm watching some old Asylum era TNA as I type this so I'm remembering how much I wanted to see Harris make it at the time).

Archived