• Paid Members

Remember the Gut Check Challenge online voting contest to determine the next participant in the TV version of Gut Check? Well, the final voting is starting in two days and these are the 16th finalists that will be competing for the spot: bracket 1 - "Bad Bones" John Klinger bracket 2 - Shanna bracket 3 - AJ Kirschbracket 4 - Barry Ryte bracket 5 - Chance Prophetbracket 6 - Dab Savage bracket 7 - Dimitri Soliotopoulos bracket 8 - Facade bracket 9 - Jake Dirden bracket 10 - Judas Yorick bracket 11

It's bullshit that he's been lost to wrestling over the past decade. He was always a really fun act.I know he eventually had a month or so there, but with his ability and charisma, it's a bit strange that he never made it to the WWF whilst a whole load of cookie-cutter bore types were happily signed up around Invasion time. Likewise with Screamin' Norm' and Disqo. Were they offered contracts and refused for some reason or something?

Norman Smiley had about a year in TNA at one point, as a JTTS and in a tag team with Sharkboy I think. It was fun.

Norman Smiley had about a year in TNA at one point, as a JTTS and in a tag team with Sharkboy I think. It was fun.

The problem with Nor-man in a tag team is that, after the Screamin' Demons, it can only go downhill. :)

Having watched very little UFC or any MMA, Rampage just seems like a big charismatic bloke that might be good once he's had some training. That's obviously a bit of a bleeker interpretation of what TNA want people to feel about this acquisition though but having no history of watching him in UFC I don't really care.What do those of you who have watched Rampage in UFC think of this? Is it exciting?

Having watched very little UFC or any MMA, Rampage just seems like a big charismatic bloke that might be good once he's had some training. That's obviously a bit of a bleeker interpretation of what TNA want people to feel about this acquisition though but having no history of watching him in UFC I don't really care.What do those of you who have watched Rampage in UFC think of this? Is it exciting?

I am genuinely quite pumped for it, but then i like Rampage, he is an emotional guy, and sometimes speaks without thinking but i always find him to speak the truth no matter who he upsets. He is a love him or hate him kinda fella i guess.Add to that the fact that he is indeed a big Pro Wrestling fan then i say good luck to him, if he can nail down the basics, and come to play with his intense power stuff, then Angle would i'm sure do the rest and the match could be something.All i hope is that he does not ONLY do MMA stuff, and we end up with one of those Angle vs Joe MMA/Wrestling matches that are designed to look like some kind of shoot, always fucking hated those with a passion, there must always be a definite line between the 2 sports in my opinion, that is why i like Brock, he does a few submissions, but he still does all his power Pro Wrestling shit, having said that i'd still love to see Brock in his Black trunks and boots 02-04 wrestling gear over this MMA gear, but hey. Edited by nobby

Rampage's legitimate fighting style is perfect for pro wrestling. He's a brawler, you'd never see him throw up a kimura (although funnily enough Brock never used the kimura in UFC either), and he used big fuck off slams and powerbombs to put opponents in the mat.

rampage-arona.gif

The Rampage-Angle staredown is the first time I've given TNA a shot since the Aces and Eights angle got so convoluted. Wasn't perfect but it served its purpose, I'm interested in what they do with Rampage next.

• Paid Members

Surprised that the Rampage segment is getting praise on here. I watched it with a mate and we were pissing ourselves at his facial expressions.

Surprised that the Rampage segment is getting praise on here. I watched it with a mate and we were pissing ourselves at his facial expressions.

I actually noticed that :laugh: He was certainly trying a bit too hard to look menacing, as if that motherfucker needs to try, he looks like he'd eat your face off. He must have been pretty nervous though about crowd response etc.It was more just the fact that it happened, him and Angle could have had a thumb war for all i cared, to see them 2 nose to nose was quite something, for me anyway, being a big fan of both. Edited by nobby

I get the whole "trying too hard" line. It was like an actor trying to play a cage thug by looking super duper mean, as opposed to being natural.

Still, at least he didn't go into business for himself, forever owning Kurt with one of these...

Screen-Recording-9.gif