Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

As shit as they are, would you ask Heavy D or Big Ron for your wages? I wouldn't.

How old are they now? Gotta be getting on a bit. If I had a mate or two with me I'd probably have a go at getting my money.

Posted

Not seen TNA in an absolute age (like, genuinely, years) other than a few clips here and there if something half-interesting happened (like Dixie being put through a table etc) but figured I'd put Slammiversary on record as well as the Impact prior to it.
Actually quite enjoyed both shows to be honest - sure, there were a few 'm'eh, whatever' fast forward moments for me but I generally do that with most things mainstream wrestling related these days to be honest.

TNA has (had?) some very talented wrestlers at their disposal and, sure, if I'd been watching them every week I'd probably be a bit bored or complacent with them but, seeing some of them for the first time in ages it was enjoyable.

Quite like James Storm's 'devil cowboy' gimmick and ECIII is a brilliant smug prick. Brooke is a stunner and actually rather decent in the ring.

I suppose all the talent in the world matters not a jot if the company is in the shitter and being mis-managed. WCW had some great wrestlers at the end and we all know how that turned out.
 

  • Moderators
Posted

The TV has actually indeed been good for a while though, so I'm not surprised you enjoyed it. It's just everything else. In fact that makes it mirror WCW even more. In 2001 it was a decent enough project, but all the bullshit caught up with them.

  • Moderators
Posted

Yeah, but there's two of them and they'd probably get the Aryan Brotherhood on you. Especially if you're Lashley. They'd just flash him their (really intelligent) SS tattoo's and white hoods.

Posted (edited)

With the exception of the KOTM match, which was at best mediocre, predictable & not main event-worthy, the rest of the card was OK. Nothing really sucked. For me, Aries/Richards was comfortably the best match, followed by Storm/Magnus. The overall 'feel' was all right, but had the Company evolved as it should have, that's the standard of show TNA would need to be putting on every week (as IMPACT episodes), not the biggest PPV of their year. Nice to see Mia Yim with a spot on the roster. Shame it's likely to be so short-lived.

Edited by KingofSports
Posted

I wonder how much Courtney Love charged for Doll House, or could be a gift to her ex. I feel bad for Billy, he seemed really pumped to start working there but now it looks as if it's all over.

Posted

I wonder how much Courtney Love charged for Doll House, or could be a gift to her ex. I feel bad for Billy, he seemed really pumped to start working there but now it looks as if it's all over.

Echoed. That's a freebie I thought to myself.

Posted

Pretty decent show overall, I'd of preferred to see Jesse vs Robbie go to a double count-out, they have just begun their fued it seemed odd for Robbie to get a clean win in their first match especially with him being the face. Heel should have went over first but double count-out would have been better. Suprised that Matt Morgan lost his first match back, its killed his momentum going forward but then again it was a forgetable match so who cares.

Posted

Meltzer: "Some of the TNA talent that is gone, is actually being transferred as part of an invasion angle.. The expectation is that any TNA talent who is in GFW, James Storm in particular, would be on TNA TV somewhat soon...There may be other transfers.. We've got a major story on this in the next issue."

 

Yes. That's what the world needs. More invasion angles...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...