since i've been watching this again, about 8 weeks ago, Josh Matthews has been accompanied at commentary by Tazz, Tenay, Al Snow & now Elijah Burke with no explanation any time

Why is Elijah Burke back with TNA and just commentating? Last I heard wasn't he an extra on The Dark Knight Rises?

• Paid Members

Following on from the murder of Mickie James, next week poor Angelina Love gets toxic waste dumped on her, in tribute to that scene near the end of Robocop where the bloke melts. The special effects are wonderful, I'll give them that.

f3dc3f412492746.jpg

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

since i've been watching this again, about 8 weeks ago, Josh Matthews has been accompanied at commentary by Tazz, Tenay, Al Snow & now Elijah Burke with no explanation any time

Why is Elijah Burke back with TNA and just commentating? Last I heard wasn't he an extra on The Dark Knight Rises?

Yeah, but that wrapped up and was released a while ago.

I'll expand the question then mateyboy:

Since that movie has been released in 2012 has he done any wrestling related as it seems he name hasn't really come up since he left TNA.

And it seems a strange move though not an unusual one from TNA to go bring him back randomly like that

• Paid Members

Since that movie has been released in 2012 has he done any wrestling related as it seems he name hasn't really come up since he left TNA.

And it seems a strange move though not an unusual one from TNA to go bring him back randomly like that

He did some shows over here in 2013.

He did some shows over here in 2013.

Cool. Thanks.

• Paid Members

He worked for myself in 2013 and still looked great. TBH was always surprised ( or maybe wasn't ) that TNA dropped the ball with him. He was so over at one point. He has invested a lot in property over the years so does not need to wrestle.  

• Paid Members

I really think Josh Mathews is awful , can't remember ever thinking an commentator was so bad as him. 

• Paid Members

He just doesn't like him. A lot of people thought Matthews was a stooge in WWE. Tazz included. And the reason he got the job in TNA and replaced Tazz's pal Mike Tenay was because John Gaburick and Josh Matthews are buds. Matthews seems to be disliked by loads of people.

He worked for myself in 2013 and still looked great. TBH was always surprised ( or maybe wasn't ) that TNA dropped the ball with him. He was so over at one point. He has invested a lot in property over the years so does not need to wrestle.

I always thought he was on the road to having an big spot when he won the Eight Card Stud tournament (please correct me if I'm wrong) and took on AJ at Lockdown for the title.

The injury and the constant change in direction of plans from Bischoff and Hogan kinda derailed that.

Surprised WWE didn't take a chance on him to flesh out the NXT roster. Surely the street preacher character is something that NXT could play with.