• Paid Members

Apparently he thinks TNA is a a career killer. But I don't get that.

He's burnt his bridge with the WWE anyway so what exactly is TNA killing? I doubt AAA would give a shit if he's been in TNA.  Lucha must be paying him even more.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Apparently he thinks TNA is a a career killer. But I don't get that.

He's burnt his bridge with the WWE anyway so what exactly is TNA killing? I doubt AAA would give a shit if he's been in TNA.  Lucha must be paying him even more.

He might not feel that his bridges are totally burnt with WWE. Plenty of people have come back from far worse. Going to TNA does seem to be a bridge burner though. Not sure quite why but not many come back from it.

Plus, working for LU, he can work their tapings and then work Mexico, Japan and Indys as he wishes. TNA want a lot of commitment for fuck all money (although $400k a year is decent).

If morale in the TNA locker room wasn't already in the shitter, this will send it down there.

Would it really be worth taking $400k from TNA when he'd probably be a worthless commodity within 6 months?  As it stands he's got a pretty major gig in Mexico and has signed deals with ROH and Lucha Underground where he's presumably going to be a top guy.  I'm sure he'll have options in Japan too.  Long-term why would you tarnish your name by working for TNA at this stage?

• Paid Members

Between what he can make with a combination of Lucha Underground, Triple-A, ROH, the odd international tour, other US independents and possibly Japan, he's probably better off not signing with TNA.

It seems to be what the likes of AJ Styles, the Young Bucks and others are finding.