I don't think you're even in the same conversation King! :p All I'm saying is that if you were to bring out AJ Styles in front of a typical WWE audience, there'd be a fair few people who would recognise him. And it might be worth their while building on that, as they did with Punk.

Even with Bryan, their new name had a nod towards his indy name. I suspect the same might be true with a Bobby Roode too - their name is actually a good wrestling name, and fits their character, so go with it.

I don't think we should assume that the WWE audience is as stupid as you're suggesting. There are plenty of instances of the WWE crowds going off-message and chanting things from outside the WWE universe - the whole Matt Hardy thing for example, or people's indy names.

I'm sorry, the people who don't know who AJ Styles is or don't watch TNA are stupid? Why? Does that include the people who thought Nash, Angle and RVD had retired were stupid?

In all fairness most of the people who thought Nash, Angle and RVD had retired probably also think Undertaker and Kane are really brothers. They probably also don't know who AJ is.

Something not being taken into consideration is that WWE have lost a lot of viewers and gained a lot of new ones from 2004-2010. That audience who watched WWE but no longer watch do, would probably have been aware of TNA and thus AJ Styles. That number combined with people who still know what TNA is, would boost the number of people who would recognise AJ Styles over AJ. AJ Styles might be the big fish in a little pond, but he has also been around for a long period of new fans coming and going

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
iMPACT viewership up again. 1.32m this week, was 1.24 last week.

Things are improving, good to see.

And they'll be back down and then back up. What's the point in posting rating news? Its the same pattern. They do a decent rating and then they do a bad one depending on if anything is better on the other side and a lot of that 1.1 rating doesn't make it until the last segment because they've already been ran off. Reporting that TNA got 1.3 million viewers is like saying my Nana watched Corrie on Wednesday.

On another topic, still no PPVs advertised I see. That could be it for them as far as a PPV business. Lockdown is supposed to be in March and nobodies heard a word about that. And really who gives a fuck if they do PPVs or not at this stage? If you are going to lose money, it matters very little.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators
Something not being taken into consideration is that WWE have lost a lot of viewers and gained a lot of new ones from 2004-2010. That audience who watched WWE but no longer watch do, would probably have been aware of TNA and thus AJ Styles. That number combined with people who still know what TNA is, would boost the number of people who would recognise AJ Styles over AJ. AJ Styles might be the big fish in a little pond, but he has also been around for a long period of new fans coming and going

Not sure on WWE gaining lots of new viewers who aren't children as their numbers have steadily declined since about 2001. Children are a victory for AJ Lee. Being aware of TNA isn't being aware of Styles either. I watch Coronation Street so I know my Devs and Barlows. I'm aware of Doctors, but I'd be fucked if I had to name someone in it.

Anyway, why has it gone back to this really dreary conversation instead of the infinitely more interesting conversation about what role AJ would end up in? In fact I'm making the executive decision that everyone shuts up about Styles vs Lee now, that whatever point of view I took is right, and the thread can stop being boring and circular. So yeah, this is the final word on Lee vs Styles before I hang myself... now.

Edited by PowerButchi