• Paid Members

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Sting v Magnus? What a waste of the Stinger. Is Magnus heel?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Maybe they've booked that for Sting to do a clean job for Magnus? If Sting's contract is coming up with TNA (did I read that?) and they're aren't financially able to retain him, they might look at using him to give a huge boost for one of the guys they hope to build around for the future. If they have one.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Just an idea.

EDIT - having just read the above from wrestlingmad, it seems like they've tried to spell out that's precisely the implication. Sounds a terrible segment.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Mr Anderson is close to signing a new deal. On a totally unrelated note, TNA didn't think Alex Shelley was worth re-signing for an extra few quid.

A lot of people thinking TNA wont be owned by the Carters for very long and that the only reason they want to re-sign Hogan is because he's an attractive sign post to put on the car boot when someone offers them money for it.

"What are you selling?"

"Well, there's a knackered balsa wood guitar with 'Snap Nuts' wrote on it, there's James Mitchell's skull headed walking stick, some book called 'Rope Opera', there's the Red Dwarf Smeg Ups video and Hulk Hogan".

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

There really is some bizarre shit going on in TNA at the moment. One week AJ is doing the CM Punk "I'm gonna win the belt then fuck off because I've got no contract and there's nothing you can do about it" stuff, the next week he signs a contract with zero protest, then the head of the company says, in effect, "actually, we don't want you anyway, fuck off with the belt if you like."

I mean, it seems clear to me they're trying to do some kind of worked shoot based on the fact that the external perception of TNA is that it's run by morons and is on the bones of it's arse (which is in all likelihood completely true), but even in desperation it's an insane thing to promote. I suppose it will lead to a Hogan & Styles-headed TNA in kayfabe (as much as I'd like to see Hulk come back home) and we're all supposed to believe it's OK again.

Aces & Eights is fizzling out in the most embarrasing way possible (i.e. with no real benefit to anyone) - it was hinted immediately when Ortiz came in that Bully was going to sack off his old mates for his new MMA buddy and his new girlfriend, but Ortiz got pulled and they're still going with it, presumably as they still need rid of the guys?

The horrible death of Aces & Eights leaves the MEM, who were also hit by Bellator's sensible decision to get the hell away (and Kurt's inability to stay sober), kind of floundering as their entire M.O. was supposed to be to get rid of the bikers. It looked for a bit like they were going to switch focus to EGO, but now we appear to have this odd Sting vs Magnus deal, based off an "embarrasing slump" which Magnus was apparently already in the very second he lost the BFG final. Which was, if we need to remind ourselves, a) his second match that night, clearly indicating he WON THE FIRST ONE, and b) the culmination of a 3-month or so long tournament in which he WON A SHITLOAD OF MATCHES AND LED THE STANDINGS FOR MOST OF IT. Since then he has (IIRC) been screwed out of 2 victories in multi-man matches. Slump.

FWIW, I'd have gone with a 3-way MEM (Magnus, Joe, Sting) vs. A&8 (Brisco, Bischoff, Knux) vs. EGO (Roode, Kaz, Daniels) for BFG, losing group disbands, obviously get rid of A&8. The format would have covered up the shitness of some of the competitors, given EGO something substantial to do, achieved the goal of killing off A&8 while allowing MEM to make good on their promise in a tangible, on-camera fashion.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

In all seriousness, will anyone in the world apart from Anderson's accountant, have missed Mr Anderson during his absence? Sure TNA have a small roster, but unless he's coming back in for dramatically less money, why not spend it on someone like MVP or John Morrison, who are at least new faces. Mr Anderson's done bugger all really and isn't likely to do so.

Mr Anderson is close to signing a new deal. On a totally unrelated note, TNA didn't think Alex Shelley was worth re-signing for an extra few quid.

I have missed Shelley in TNA since he left, but the way you have been going on about him recently has made me want him back even more.

You should start an online petition to bring him back. Dixie doesn't seem to have much of a backbone and 100 signatures would probably be enough for them to offer him a proper contract

• Paid Members
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bound for Glory ends with all the Aces and 8 Guys returning and reuniting under Dixie's leadership.

I truly hope not. That would be my Bobby Roode gets beat by Angle in a shite match moment of giving up. TNA creative need agree to a moratorium on big heel groups for a few years.

Also, it would be very TNA to ruin all our Wrestlemania 30 hopes and sign Hogan to a new deal.

• Paid Members
You should start an online petition to bring him back. Dixie doesn't seem to have much of a backbone and 100 signatures would probably be enough for them to offer him a proper contract

He doesn't want to come back. He doesn't even want to do indy dates in the US or over here. He's in Japan to try and rediscover his love for wrestling. TNA has killed his love for the game.

• Paid Members

New Japan are trying to restore his love by making him and KUSHIDA wrestle Rocky Romero & Alex Kozlov roughly twelve thousand times.

Remaining TNA roster:

-- Champions (6): TNA World champion Bully Ray, TV champion Abyss/Joseph Park, TNA tag champions James Storm & Gunner, X Division champion Manik, Knockouts champion ODB.

-- Non-Champion Hvt./Tag Division (15): A.J. Styles, Bobby Roode & Christopher Daniels & Kazarian, Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez, Eric Young, Garett Bischoff & Knux, Jeff Hardy, Jessie Godderz & Robbie E., Magnus & Samoa Joe & Sting.

-- Non-Champion X Division (5): Austin Aries, Chris Sabin, Kenny King, Rockstar Spud, Zema Ion.

-- Non-Champion Knockouts (3): Brooke Tessmacher, Gail Kim, Velvet Sky.

-- Non-wrestlers & Announcers (6): Hulk Hogan, Jeremy Borash, Mike Tenay, Taz, Hector Guerrero, Willie Urbina.

-- Inactive/Off TV (9): Kurt Angle (returns 10/20), Wes Brisco, Rampage Jackson, Tito Ortiz, King Mo, Taryn Terrell, Jay Bradley, Sam Shaw, Rob Terry.