Bloody Brilliant Badass Film Title Themes!

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Come on, let's have them! Nothing poofy, proper music. AND GIVE REASONS.

The Taking Of Pelham 123 - absolutely brilliant, this, the perfect 1970s crime thriller theme tune, really gets the pulse racing and it sounds really New York.

Bullitt - Lalo Schifrin is an absolute genius. It was a huge loss when he stopped doing soundtracks in the 1970s because every single film he scored for was enhanced enormously by his work. This is an amazing track, especially.

Enter The Dragon - and here is again. WAAAAAAAH! Absolutely awesome, the whole soundtrack for Enter the Dragon is a work of brilliance.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Fuck it, I'll have some of this.

Coincidentally, Lalo Schfrin was my first pick for the

. I enjoy the serenity around this music, it sets a great tone, relaxing with a the slightest hinge of an uncomfortable under current to it. Watching the opening scene in the context with this theme justifies that. It just sets this weird tone.

While were at it, Don Ellis theme from 'The French Connection' is a slice of lovely. I think mainly because it doesn't see to know where it's going half the time and just decided to go into about 3 or 4 different styles, all of them awesome.

• Paid Members
Roy Budd - Get Carter

Eery keys, sexual bassline and Michael Caine eating soup on British Rail train. Now behave yourself.

Bloody brilliant! Cop a load of this from Budd, too, this is superb:-

What a cracking track, and a really underrated film as well. Budd did some great scoring, mostly for underrated crime films.

• Paid Members

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story - The Dragon's Heartbeat, Randy Edelman

A piece of music i think beautifully captures the rollercoaster ride that was Bruce Lee's life. It's uplifting and emotional in equal measure with a grace and class that perfectly encaptures the spirit and athletisism of Bruce.

Now i've always loved this as a piece of music and again, think it's perfectly fitting of the adventure and mischievousness of the main character so imagine my surprise when googling it to find that yet again, it's a Randy Edelman piece.

I'll have to add him to my list of favoured movie musicians alongside Harold Faltemeyer and James Horner.

• Awards Moderator

The

- score by Bernard Herrman. This film is littered with wonderful accompaniments but this opening score is absolutely perfect. Not just as a solitary piece of music, but for reflecting the pace of the film right from the word go.

There are a load of cracking songs I could choose from The Lost Boys, but Cry Little Sister is possibly the most fitting for the tone of the film.

I might get cyber-walloped by you lot for this, but

from the start of Top Gun is bloody ace. IT IS.

Take a Look Around from Limp Bizkit from the fantastic Mis... nah, I'm only messing.

• Moderators

While not only an awesome film, the whole score of Miller's Crossing is awesome. Before a shitty computer game decided to lift the haunting theme for it's trailer I used to bum it so hard. Just the sight of that hat floating around to this tune is so ace and goes amazingly well with the hay symbolism of the entire film. Love it.

BONUS:

. Unfortunately I couldn't find the video of Albert Finney going fucking badass to this sweet tune, so just pretend.

• Paid Members
The
- score by Bernard Herrman. This film is littered with wonderful accompaniments but this opening score is absolutely perfect. Not just as a solitary piece of music, but for reflecting the pace of the film right from the word go.

Great call. Herrman was amazing but that is definitely one of his best. Also from Herrman:-

- somehow even shit-your-pants scarier than Robert Mitchum is in this film. Perfectly sets the film up.

• Awards Moderator

I can't provide links, but everybody knows these ones so it's fine.

John Williams. I don't think there's another musician around who can provoke so many strong feelings and memories in me. The Star Wars theme evokes so much for me from throughout my life and just stirs something up from the very first note. Mainly sheer joy. Harry Potter is just fucking magic. Indiana Jones makes me want to BE Indiana Jones. Duel of the Fates has me reaching for the air-lightsaber, Imperial March makes me cower in fear. And Jurassic Park just reminds me of that moment when they first see the dinosaurs and all my childhood dreams come to life on screen. Soundtrack to the films of my life, really.

The only other stuff that'd come close is Howard Shore's work on Lord of the Rings.

Archived