Bloody Brilliant Badass Film Title Themes!

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I know the thread title says no Hans Zimmer so sorry about that but here's a snippet of his divisive new theme for The Amazing Spider-Man 2. As described in the article it's a nice old school throwback. It sounds great to me until it goes all Zimmery at the end, I'm loving the synth and horns. Looking forward to hearing more of it, hope the whole soundtrack sounds like that.

Zimmer's Amazing Spider-Man 2 theme

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Listened to it.

Twenty seconds later and I can remember the sound of the horns, but can't remember much of the melody. It's a bit short to fully judge it, but it's not won me over so far.

Speaking of horns, I love the way they sound in films from the 30s and 40s. Mostly fantasy and monster films, like King Kong. I don't know what they did differently to record them back then, but they absolutely blast out and sound fantastic.

• Paid Members

I am bitterly disappointed that the Monsters University OST does not include the wonderful 'Gospel by MarchFourth Marching Band which is easily one of the finest pieces of music to be used in a film ... love it.

• Paid Members
Speaking of horns, I love the way they sound in films from the 30s and 40s. Mostly fantasy and monster films, like King Kong. I don't know what they did differently to record them back then, but they absolutely blast out and sound fantastic.

What's the one they use at the beginning of that Pharoahe Monch track, Simon Says? Was that from Godzilla? That's a fantastic and perfectly suited piece of music if so.

• Paid Members

The film itself is pretty derided for it's appalling dialogue, and cliche'd plot but i tell you what, it's got a fucking beautiful theme running throughout. If you're a soft poof like me and enjoy sombre piano.

Ballistic Kiss OST - Theme of Cat

In fact, if you cut out all of the speaking and just had the scenes left where Donnie Yen is alone with his love interest and this music plays, it'd be almost perfect. If you keep the John Woo style shoot out contained solely within a bedsit.

Archived