Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Fair enough, it's not everyone. I love the chemistry they have and all three bring something different to the table. I've not yet listened to How2Wrestling or Cinema Swirl yet so i'll see how i feel when i'm regularly listening to three shows that feature the same guy (although that doesn't effect me with John Pollock and all his shows).

Stay away from How2Wrestling, you'll end up smashing your device within 10minutes of listening too Mahon's misses talking.

AE is still a good listen, but the irregularity of episodes is what brings it down. That's where the New Gen guys gain points, with the exception of the last episode being a week later than normal (due to Scrivens been on holiday) , you know that your get a new episode every fortnight.

• Paid Members

That and they are all funny. I tried How2Wrestling and it was a fucking embarrassment. Mr OOC from OSW is probably still my fave podcast contributer. In fact the latest ep they did (reviewing awful b-movie Samurai Cop) is worth a punt.

Slowly working through both New Gen and AE. Loving New Gen more I must say. One question: where are they from? Is it the Midlands? As they all say things like "Nointeen Nointy Six" (1996). Just in the mind games episode where Scrivens tells the story about his son and the cat house "Not anymore"

• Paid Members

Never been a big Piper fan, but, I can appreciate what he did in the business. Just listening to the Piper podcast with Ronda Rousey and it's rather sad listening to them talk about the fight with Bethe Correia and how excited he was for her, they have great chemistry while talking to each other. Never listened to his podcast before, but, its nice to hear how close he was with his son.

- TNA announcer Mike Tenay revealed on Taz's latest podcast that he is now officially part of the CBS Radio family as he will be releasing his own podcast through Play.IT later this week.

Tenay's show is called "Professor Vegas" and will feature him talking about sports betting. He will be interviewing bookies, people who come up with point spreads and other personalities from the Las Vegas sports betting scene.

Christ, even Tenay doesn't want to be involved in wrestling anymore

• Paid Members

Just to follow up, Liam....

Looking forward to this one as the fallout from Uncensored and build to Spring Stampede was the period I started watching Nitro regularly which built towards my priorities shifting heavily to WCW for a couple of years. Will return and post thoughts later.

.... I loved this week's podcast. The insights surrounding plans made for King of the Ring that ended up knackered, certain guys managing to avoid high profile jobs, the aforementioned Undertaker plan (JESUS CHRIST) and so on were real eye-openers for me. More vitally than just stuff I could have found out from reading the old Observers myself, the presentation was great as always. I especially enjoyed the "he's a clever fucker" reactions to some of Hogan's maneuvers, and I really chuckled at Chase's "That sounds good" at the description of Austin's injury, pre-piledriver. As ever, I get out a kick out of you four pissing yourselves at stuff which generally deserves it too. Sid, for one.

I've been passing the links on to a mate who's also enjoying listening to them. He's enjoying them so much he's trying to talk me into knocking up a podcast with him. Bless.