Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

The last thing I want is for WWE to come between Austin and PodcastOne.

I'd be confident that Austin wouldn't dilute it for WWE. What makes it good is that he's free to give his honest opinions. And he knows that's the appeal. If it's on the Network, I reckon it'll stay as is. Last thing he wants is a set of guidelines.

• Paid Members

The last thing I want is for WWE to come between Austin and PodcastOne.

I'd be confident that Austin wouldn't dilute it for WWE. What makes it good is that he's free to give his honest opinions. And he knows that's the appeal. If it's on the Network, I reckon it'll stay as is. Last thing he wants is a set of guidelines.

I didn't mean it like that. I know Austin won't change his podcast, what I meant was that I hoped that PodcastOne are fully informed and on board with one of their top podcast hosts taking his show (with a megastar guest) to an outside broadcaster and that Austin's loyalty to Vince will not cause tensions with his new employers.

• Paid Members

Will this not just be a case of Austin and McMahon record the podcast interview with WWE Network cameras in the room so that the network has it first before it goes up on PodcastOne? At least this way we might avoid hearing about sodding Draft Kings and True Car

Do you not just forward it a minute or so? It's easy to skip.

Hey guys,

I've just launched a new podcast interviewing my pals on the British and International wrestling scenes, if anyone's interested?:

Episode 1: Rampage Brown
Episode 2: Dean Allmark
Episode 3: Frankie Sloan
Episode 4: Brody Steele

iTunes: www.mepodcast.co.uk/iTunes
Podcast app: www.mepodcast.co.uk/podcast
Computer / other: www.mepodcast.co.uk
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MEPodcast
Twitter: www.twitter.com/MEPodcast

Cheers

Johnny Midnight

Edit: Links weren't working

Edited by Midnight Express Podcast

• Awards Moderator

It's odd that they're calling it a podcast. There's no reason to call an interview (that presumably is full video) on the network a podcast, so them using that term makes me think it's a recording of his show that will then go on PodcastOne.

Austin confirmed that it will be broadcast on PodcastOne.

• 2 weeks later...

Just listened to Bob Holly one on JR's show. Decent listen but correct me if I'm wrong, were his timescales wrong on the Benoit story. He said he was invited to be at Benoit's house on the day it all happened but said it was Wednesday as it was a day off.

This isn't meant to be one of these geeky, picking up on the slightest continuity error posts btw as he could just be mixing up his days.

You just get so programmed in to guys in the wrestling biz telling stories about how they were the first to do something or were there when something significant happened that maybe the cynic in me is coming out.

That aside, I appreciated his humility talking about hesitation to write a book based on the notion that he's not someone people would want to read about. It's actually made me want to read it.

• Paid Members

Just listened to Bob Holly one on JR's show. Decent listen but correct me if I'm wrong, were his timescales wrong on the Benoit story. He said he was invited to be at Benoit's house on the day it all happened but said it was Wednesday as it was a day off.

This isn't meant to be one of these geeky, picking up on the slightest continuity error posts btw as he could just be mixing up his days.

You just get so programmed in to guys in the wrestling biz telling stories about how they were the first to do something or were there when something significant happened that maybe the cynic in me is coming out.

That aside, I appreciated his humility talking about hesitation to write a book based on the notion that he's not someone people would want to read about. It's actually made me want to read it.

It wasn't a Wednesday. It was discovered on a Monday because they changed Raw to be the tribute and then the story came out. Nancy was killed on the Friday.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I love AE Podcast, New Gen (now they really found they're form and sound issues got better) as well as OSW. I enjoy them all being just under or over 2 hours partly due to my night shifts. Review podcasts are my faves, though the WCW ones (3MP and Podcast Unknown) are shit.

Planning to give the Holly/JR podcast a listen tomorrow.  I'm reading his book right now and so far he's been pretty negative about Jim Ross so will be interesting to hear how they get along now.  I actually met Holly on Friday at BCW, super nice guy and probably the most easy going and approachable American wrestler I've ever met.  No charge for a photo with me and my son and happy to chat to people, so much so that the promoter had to cut it short.  I paid a good few quid to have the same privilege with Mick Foley, who wasn't 1/10th as friendly.