Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Love Austin though. He's a natural at this. I'd love WWE to get him a show on the network doing it in front of the camera.

What sets him apart from every other wrestler doing a podcast is you forget it's interview most of the time, as it feels like you're listening into a conversation two mates are having down the pub. JR and Jericho are ok, but it's very much question and answer sessions, where as Austin often heads off into tangents after the guests brings something up during a question.

Can't wait for the Triple H and Undertaker shows he's promised in the future.

I've thought the same, the ric flair discussion and the scott hall ones come to mind, it was like listening to them chatting and nobody else was listening. Its a great interview style

• Paid Members

He's like the best presenter with the most uninteresting subjects. Its weird. His delivery is warm and natural (the opposite of Jericho) and he seems seasoned in this kind of thing, yet I dont want to listen to any of the shows because the guests are so shit. And its a bit like watching a documentary about aliens on a freeview channel. If there's going to be someone we haven't heard before, this isn't the place to go looking for it. Goldberg is a great man, but you arent missing anything skipping his shows. I imagine it'd make great background noise if you are bored, though.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

One thing I really like about Austin, probably because he's such a huge star and comfortable with his status, is that he isn't afraid to come across as not knowing everything about a subject and genuinely ask questions to find things out. I even get the sense that sometimes he'll have a good idea about a story already but ask the question and give the guy a chance to explain things in his own words.

I noticed on Jim Ross' podcast with Goldberg that JR tells porkies. He was asking about the Regal match, and did this "I didn't know anything about this until people on Twitter said it the other day, so I thought I might as well ask" routine... But I know JR was sat there during the first Regal Q&A in Birmingham a couple of years back where Regal spoke at length about the same thing.

• Paid Members
Bushwhacker Luke on Colt Cabana's this week was really interesting I thought.

Yeah he was excellent, he's such an engaging character to listen to. I was really enjoying it but they kind of ran out of time, with the discussion barely touching on his WWF days. Sometimes I wish Colt would break his format more and do two-parters for some of the more interesting guests. I think he's only ever done that with Regal.

Roddy Piper's is my new favorite. Not from quality but just from how much i love listening to how crazy Roddy is and his rehashing of his same stories a million times. I think he honestly has a screw loose. This week he tells Bully Ray how Vince came up with the name for Raw. It was after Eric Bischoff had a meeting in wcw in which he told the crew including Piper, Flair and Hogan that the wwf was going out of business so Vince decided after that to strip everything back and call it Raw. Bully Ray is sat going "oh yeah really" but you can tell he's thinking, what the fuck is this old nutter on about?

• Paid Members

I have tried Piper's a few times, but it's hard work. A recent one featuring Brutus Beefcake and Jimmy Snuka was like listening to 300 concussions. Just an hour of indecipherable groans, grunts and random noises sprinkled with pieces of total bullshit reminiscence about the good ol' days.

Austin saying "I didn't know whether to shit or wind my watch" gets a mental pop from me. You get the impression he's doing it on purpose now and having fun with how utterly absurd it is.

Piper trying to get over "Baby Jesus" fifty times and episode is eye rolling material at best.

• Paid Members

Josh Barnett's getting in the podcast game;

Josh Barnett @JoshLBarnett

It's time I had a soapbox from which to despense my rhetoric of manly, badassery and @FOXSports has given me such a place w/my new podcast

Going to be called 'Josh Barnett Conquers the World' and launches next Tuesday.

Bushwhacker Luke on Colt Cabana's this week was really interesting I thought.

The Art of Wrestling is practically unbearable to listen to now, as Colt's idiocy just annoys me. He stumbles about attempting to ask an inane question. You'd think he'd have got the hang of it by now.

Drew McIntyre was on Jericho's podcast. It was a rather good listen. He seems excited for the future, and is adamant he'll be back in WWE.

The Austin Podcast is one of my favourites to listen to at the moment, the Court Bauer episode is worth a listen to. I am really impressed with Austin's questioning. I always have a mental list of questions that I want to hear be answered when I listen to an interview and 9 times out of 10 Austin asks them. I can't say that for other interviewers. He isn't scared to ask some of the more pressing questions either.