Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

There are so many podcasts at the moment. I'm going to have to start culling. Wrestling alone I get Austin, Ross, Jericho, the LAW, Torch livecasts, MLW sometimes. Not to mention non wrestling ones like JRE, Pointless, Hardcore History etc. I need a fucking time turner.

• Awards Moderator
It's Onyx2 - a bit of respect, FFS.

Lol baby, lol!

Sorry Onyx2. You're a good man!

It's very important, you don't want to mix me up with the other Onyx around here.

No worries Branqy.

• Paid Members

Listened to the Austin/Cena interview. Amazingly, this is the first time I've heard an Austin podcast. I thought it was ace. I was trying to use it to drift off to sleep to last night but it was so good I had to turn it off to get some sleep.

I've been a big Cena fan for a long time but I reckon the guy is probably even better than the wrestler. Seems a genuinely nice guy who loves doing what he does. I thought it was quite a good insight too. Certainly opened up a lot more than I thought he would and there wee a couple of subtle messages to guys who moan a lot. Genuinely could not be a better guy to work atop the company.

Interesting to hear him talk about his lack of imagination for booking and just letting them write for him. If he'd used his position a bit more and forced them to change some of the cheesy shit they've written for him, he could have been far more popular with a wider set of the audience but he doesn't seem interested in rocking the boat. I quite admire that.

I know some will have different favourites but if you've not heard previous Austin podcasts, I really liked the ones with Brother Love and Tim White. Something different from regular wrestler stories and real interesting stuff too involving refereeing/production. I think the X-Pac ones were great too.

Regal is by far my favourite interview in the entire business. I could listen to him talk for hours about pretty much anything. He seems genuinely happy and thankful for everything he's achieved in his career and never sounds bitter about anything. He (hopefully) has a job for life so it'll probably never happen, but I would love a proper shoot interview out of him.

Interesting to hear him talk about his lack of imagination for booking and just letting them write for him. If he'd used his position a bit more and forced them to change some of the cheesy shit they've written for him, he could have been far more popular with a wider set of the audience but he doesn't seem interested in rocking the boat. I quite admire that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU6yWo0U-2s

That vid says otherwise & that's just 1 example.

Dysktra, Tarver, Riley, Reks, Mickie, Carlito, Maria & Chavo have said otherwise too.

Those are the only ones with the guts to tell the real story, others are scared to say anything cos if they do they worry that WWE won't rehire them.

Edited by ratedrpoed

Just finished listening to the 2nd part of Austin w/ Regal. Really good, definitely a recommendation from me.

I'm listening to that at the moment and Regal's music taste make me love him even more. Ska, NWOBHM and 88 era rave music had me marking out.

• Paid Members

I listened to part one of Regal today. You're all right, he's a smooth talker you could listen too for hours.Interesting stories on everything and I found it nice that Steve Austin, a guy he knows well and spent a hell of a lot of time with, obviously stills gets a kick out of sitting down and listening to the guy. He just let him speak.

Dunno when it was recorded but to be nitpicky, Regal said Greg Dyke is the head of the BBC which is obviously not the case now.

Austin referring to people as "cats" grates me a bit. Still, nice to know Dude Love rubbed off on him.

Just me or does Regal have brummie twang at times?

Edited by tiger_rick