Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Piper's an absolute mad bastard. And his "taking a dive" thing was cringe worthy. It was fake back then as well, Roddy. His shite about Mr T is hilarious. If there was no Mr T, fuck knows where Piper and Hogan would be now. Mr T was the bloke put the WWF on all those talk shows. Not Hogan and Piper. Piper's like one of them blokes who cant really take the fact he's not actually a real fighter. Where Hogan, Warrior, Savage, Flair and people from that era dont seem to care if you consider them play fighters, Piper's all "I dont call them matches, I call them fights". Just comes across as a bit of a nutter.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Just noticed on Steve Austin's twitter he's plugging his latest podcast with Jim Johnston. Anyone listened to it yet? Should be really interesting I imagine. I haven't listened to any of Austin's podcasts for a while but I'll give that a go.

Piper's a massive worker. Look at him on Louis Theroux. He's pretty much always "on" if it's anything to do with wrestling.

Quite right, and he's a fucking annoying cunt with it. His book's a mess for it.

The sheer amount of good Podcasts out there has allowed me to get picky now - with Austin, Cabana & Jericho, I only listen if the guest is of interest. I've heard the same shit from them all time and time again; Austin's a one-note joke, Cabana's the thickest human that ever lived and Jericho was always a pube anyway. I'm not taking up space on my iPhone to get round to listening to Jericho interview his fucking Dad or Steve Austin talk about washing the hard-to-reach bits with a rag on a stick.

On today's Review-A-Raw, John Pollock mentioned one called Go Bayside, which has some comedy folk reviewing each episode of Saved By The Bell. That just leapt in front of all three of these in my weekly podcast priorities.

• Paid Members

Go Bayside! is pretty excellent, though it can get a bit irritating when they start over analysing something ridiculous but trivial. I recommend the episodes with Jimmy Pardo, Howard Kremer and Paul F. Tompkins.

Hi Guys,

A few long time UKFF ers might know me a lot may not. But just to let you know I have just started a new podcast that if I may say so myself is going to be well worth a listen.

It is avaliable now from all the usual places and any help with promotion, feedback and comments would be greatly appreciated.

You can download the debut show with a 60 minute chat with TNA champion Magnus discussing his career so far, his arguement with Eric Bischoff and problems with Vince Russo and a rant from myself from today!

Please spread the word. Upcoming guests include, WOS legends Marty Jones and Danny Boy Collins, Rockstar Spud,Douglas Williams and more BIG surprises.

Visit My Website

Facebook page for all the upcoming guests at Official facebook site

And from Itunes Itunes download Please rate, leave a review and if you want to hear more subscribe.

The former Shining Light Stevie Knight

• Awards Moderator

I've never heard of him, but Austin's latest guest is comedian Gabriel Iglesias. Its fucking hilarious. Stone Cold sounds drunk, and gets drunker. I nearly lost it sitting on the train at "Diamond Cutter Butter".

It seems like in every Colt Cabana podcast there is one moment where the guest says something and Cabana totally misinterprets what the person is saying, leading to a moment of confusion (or sometimes longer) on both parts.

I don't know how his mind works.

I was listening to the interview he did with Chris Hamrick last night, and the predictable moment where Cabana got confused leading to Hamrick getting confused went as follows:

Hamrick:

"I was working a show where I set up my gimmick table alongside Ricky Morton's table. I saw his bag was open so I took out a pair of his tights and put them on"

Cabana:

"Hahaha, how old were you?"

Hamrick:

I was really young about 18. I wasn't trying to fuck with him, I'm a fan ..."

Cabana:

"Wait wait wait, you were a fan and you just went in this guys bag and stole his tights?!?"

Hamrick (ignoring Colt's interruption):

"I wore them to ring and wrestled in them that night"

Cabana:

"So you're just some fan who takes a wrestlers gear hahaha and they let you get in the ring and wrestle someone?! Hahahaha"

Hamrick:

".... erm"

I've never heard of him, but Austin's latest guest is comedian Gabriel Iglesias. Its fucking hilarious. Stone Cold sounds drunk, and gets drunker. I nearly lost it sitting on the train at "Diamond Cutter Butter".

Thanks for the heads up on that one, really enjoyed it!

• Paid Members

Anyone else have issues with the Austin Podcast continually flagging old podcasts as new? This morning, for example, it said there were 3 new eps - but they were months old. Happens nearly every time I update them.

Subscribed via the RSS feed on Android, not iTunes.

• Awards Moderator
Anyone else have issues with the Austin Podcast continually flagging old podcasts as new? This morning, for example, it said there were 3 new eps - but they were months old. Happens nearly every time I update them.

Subscribed via the RSS feed on Android, not iTunes.

Ditto for both. Drives me fucking insane. A couple of times a day, it pulls in a "new" episode that's old. Happens with Jericho too.

they are highlights of old shows, nowt the old shows in full coming back up in Austin and Jerichos podcasts. dont know why they have done it though.