Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

I'd say they're my favourite of the fan podcasts, with New Generation Podcast being a very close second.

OSW's recently launched Patreon is well worth the $5 pledge. They've just put a video review of the Super Mario Bros movie which is well worth a watch, and their review the WWE Films 'Countdown' is great (Rusev with a gun~!)

Lapsed Fan reminded me of OSW. Listened to the Barely Legal one today in work, its more in depth and they go off in tangeants but its a good listen and the two guys are clearly having fun doing it.

• Paid Members

Listened to the Brawl for All podcast with Bruce Prichard. For a guy who was there during all these events its weird how little insight he seems to have. It's like he's forgotten everything and just tells a version of events that everyone already knows.

• Paid Members

He's better on some of the podcasts than others - it's impossible to absolutely trust what he says though, he's just so full of shit, even Conrad the cohost has to keep picking him up on stuff.

Like you say, he's someone who was there through a lot of huge historical moments, but when he's so clearly not trying to hurt his chances of returning you get some very weak episodes.

• Paid Members

Steve Austin cut a promo on the spider that bit his dog's foot on last week's Unleashed episode and it was better and more believable than any promo I've seen on WWE's programming all year. I reckon only Joe's work in NXT can match him. Austin might cause a few eyes to roll with his criticism of the modern product from time to time, but he's mostly making solid points when he does so. Wrestler's believing in their characters is always one of his big things. It's mad that Austin can cut a bullshit promo about challenging a spider to a match at WrestleMania with more conviction than current guys can hyping championship matches on TV.

Started working my way through New Gen.

Not as good as SCG or OSW but good fun. I look forward to listening to more.

Some of their recent ones (96/97) have been superb, I feel like I'm watching with them. And the little bits you find out about them (Scrivens is a bit dim, Adam likes drink and women, Stuart's a good egg, baby Scrivens, etc) make me feel more at home with them. Top podcast and the right balance of very knowledgeable host, big wrestling fan, comedy lapsed fan works really well.

Not as far as I aware, but Stuart and Paul are both on Twitter. Stuart runs the main @newgenpodcast and 9 times out of 20 will get back to you if you message him

Think Adam is on Twitter under @WrestlingMullet

Think they do peruse here from time to time as I can remember Stuart seeing something a bit shitty on here and mentioning it on Twitter

Also he gets big love for being a huge fan of 90s emo, always a winner for me.

Are there any other recommendations? I'm looking for really in depth chat/discussions about 90s tbh, and have exhausted the usual. Cheers

Ah yes, if forgotten about that one. I mentioned to Stuart that they were nominated for the Podcast award on here a couple of years back, but can't recall any other mentions of the UKFF but it's been a while since listening to a lot of the older ones.

20 Years of Nitro covers Nitro (obviously) on an episode by episode basis. I don't listen to that myself as I don't think I can take week by week as easy month by month, but I know some like it.

SCG's Monday Night Timeline episodes are probably the best you'll get for in-depth without subscribing to the Wrestling Observer or PW Torch feeds

• Paid Members

Speaking of the New Generation Project, is the new episode (Ground Zero) worth listening to? Its almost four hours long! I love the lads and the podcast, but I ain't got time for that :(

Just listen to it an hour at a time?