Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

I listened to the Ric Flair one yesterday. Never listened to his show before so don't know if it was usual, but the audio quality was terrible.

Ā 

Sadly this is not unusual. There have been a few episodes of Ric's show that I have had to give up on trying to listen to because the quality was just so poor.

What I don't get is, this isn't Johnny Midnight making a podcast and paying for it himself and losing money each time he makes one. Ā The audio on his shows was terrible quality, but the content was pretty good on all the ones I listened to. Ā But you can forgive him, because he's not Ric Flair. Ā I assume Flair gets paid pretty well for doing them, and is backed by a big professional podcast company, so how can they excuse putting such terrible shit out there, even if they don't charge for it. Ā I don't think I remembered hearing any adverts like you do with Austin/Jericho etc, so maybe I'm wrong. Ā But if it was a radio show of that kind of sound quality it wouldn't be taken seriously.

Just to drop this in here, but the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now up, as we discuss the 2016 Royal Rumble, WrestleMania 32 and Beyond, taking your feedback, reviewing the PPV and talking possible WrestleMania directions, Roman Reigns' future, HHH as champion, AJ Styles, whether Dean Ambrose is a heel or a face in 2016, future NXT call-ups and a great deal more, as we evaluate the state of play for WWE in 2016. How is this year shaping up? Check it out and let us know what you think!
Ā 

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/i4avjs/SCGRadio70-2016RoyalRumbleManiaandBeyond.mp3

I have to say I was shocked listening that Ambrose being a heel was even being bandied about as a concept. He's such a bankable crowd popper.

Ā 

I really hope Ambrose doesn't become one of those great what if stories. He may be lingering in the upper midcard for ages but it's not like the guy is a Ryback. You can turn the heat up on him virtually any time. He's that rare gift of being a guy people... just cheer for. It's what they do. People cheer Dean Ambrose.

Ā 

He has this bizarre appeal to all sectors of the audience despite his character in a way Mankind had around 1999. Serious but funny. Violent but sort of scrappy and huggable. He can alternate between these worlds seamlessly with seemingly no bothering contradictions from a TV character perspective and the chicks dig him.

Ā 

And me. Total mancrush.

• 2 weeks later...

I listened to Jericho's November podcast with Luke Harper last night and really liked it. Jericho toned down the silly voices a lot, and Harper was great. It was fun to hear that Harper doing that southern accent was Vince's idea, and he got a bollocking when he did a promo without the accent. Y2J gets by far the best guests. It looks like most of Austin's now don't really have a guest.

Yeah, Jericho has improved tenfold -Ā  toned down the wacky persona, usually skips an opening monologue now and gets straight into the interviews. I know he doesn't like doing telephone interviews unless necessary, so more often than he has his guest with him and it improves the conversation. Was just listening to the JTG one this morning, seems like a nice (but dense) guy.

• Paid Members

Talent usually didnt matter to Vince. The look was always the thing that got blood in it. I wonder if Vince didnt fall in love with the Ultimate Warrior, they'd have just kept trying and trying with MaGee. Hogan had the build and the charisma, but MaGee had the abs and the sexy hair. So when Warrior came along with abs, the sexy hair and this weird charisma, he must have went "bollocks to this bloke" and got fully on the good ship Hellwig.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Can't say I've heard of 20 Years of Nitro. Just had a look at it, and I don't know if I could take a week by week review of it. Doing it PPV by PPV is fine, but analysing week by week could be a bit of a slog.

Ā 

Tonight's Austin Network Podcast with Big Show is live straight after RAW rather than the pre-recorded format that HBK & Flairs were. Needless to say, I'm sure there will be some that think Austin being at RAW means he working some kind of angle to build to a match Wrestlemania. So let's just get it all out of our systems now and accept that he won't be

Edited by WyattSheepMask