Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Just a quick note, if anybody wants to drop us a line for the SCG Radio Xmas show (recording tomorrow night) with any comments, questions or your Year End Awards, email them to us at scgradio@hotmail.com, or drop them on the facebook page. Didn't want to start a thread just for that show, but wanted to give everyone a fair crack at being involved if you so desire.

Oops, too late to get in. Oh well.

Listened to the Russo one on the train back from NXT the other night, really great to hear reminders of a few things I'd managed to forget about. Also, a lot of swerves that I accepted at the time, when unravelled backwards, making no sense. Despite being a jaded smark that will pick logic holes in anything today, there are a lot of arcs from the "golden age" that I never really thought about too deeply but don't hold up to scrutiny.

Just a quick note, if anybody wants to drop us a line for the SCG Radio Xmas show (recording tomorrow night) with any comments, questions or your Year End Awards, email them to us at scgradio@hotmail.com, or drop them on the facebook page. Didn't want to start a thread just for that show, but wanted to give everyone a fair crack at being involved if you so desire.

Oops, too late to get in. Oh well.

Listened to the Russo one on the train back from NXT the other night, really great to hear reminders of a few things I'd managed to forget about. Also, a lot of swerves that I accepted at the time, when unravelled backwards, making no sense. Despite being a jaded smark that will pick logic holes in anything today, there are a lot of arcs from the "golden age" that I never really thought about too deeply but don't hold up to scrutiny.

Yeah, it does make me wonder how far off the mark the internet overanalysis is to the casual fan, since when things are hot, perfect continuity doesn't seem to matter (WWF 99). But when things are cold, it means everything and it can make you tear your hair out (WCW late 99/2000).

Kind of an interesting dynamic as that die-hard audience has swelled to the point of dominating PPVs and major shows. The old adage that they're the first voice you discount because they're the most loyal has some merit in a sense, but when they're so vocal about stuff like Roman and Bryan and have played a key role in burying a few planned directions and are so far off what the casual audience, I don't envy WWE sometimes.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

What I wanted to ask for the mailbag was - did you, Keiran, Chase or Karl actually go to any live wrestling in 2015? If so, what, and did you enjoy whatever you saw? Apologies if I'm forgetting anything you've mentioned in the weekly.

So basically Alice leaves, Cornette explains the departure on his show this week, MSL takes over as producer with him, Cornette cuts a damming promo on Alex Greenfield(who also does shows on MLW) and the cunt continues to build an enemy army just like he's always done over the years.

Would laugh my tits off if ISIS reps in the US bomb that racist bigot up

Edited by undercover elephant

So basically Alice leaves, Cornette explains the departure on his show this week, MSL takes over as producer with him, Cornette cuts a damming promo on Alex Greenfield(who also does shows on MLW) and the cunt continues to build an enemy army just like he's always done over the years.

Would laugh my tits off if ISIS reps in the US bomb that racist bigot up

That's ridiculous. You want ISIS to bomb Cornette?

I have no idea who Alex Greenfield is.

Just to drop this in here, but the Squared Circle Gazette Radio 2015 Christmas Show is now up. Talking current events, Year End Awards and taking your comments and questions, we discuss NXT and Raw, possible WrestleMania matches, cringeworthy moments, useless bastards, scummiest acts in wrestling, underrated WrestleMania moments and all things 2015. With the aid of beer and mince pies, this was a really fun show. Merry Christmas everybody, enjoy!

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/i7z9sw/SCGRadio66-The2015ChristmasShow.mp3

I also wanted to take this chance to extend a massive thank you to everybody on the UKFF for the part you've played in the show this year - between the input on the shows, feedback to them, and the countless great contributors, this year has been a blast to do the show and I can't thank you enough. On to 2016....

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

You can thank all off us that follow the podcast but quite honestly I feel like I should be thanking you. It's a great listen with clearly a good amount off work put in and is I must catch for me every week. I meant to contribute to the last podcast asking you all to make some bold predictions for 2016 , would possibly be funny to look back them at the end off the year as well

• Paid Members

Just listened to the Mailbag SCG - great listen, clearly a good laugh to record. Cesaro in NXT would be a great idea because they'd let him be the big fish in the small pond and he'd deliver from a match quality point of view. NXT is a great place to rehabilitate people, as they have with Emma. Also, I really want you guys to do a "TNA, LOL" episode sometime. It's probably a little too soon after the Russo episode as you'd have to cover some of the same ground.

"A bit sweary." Fucking hell Geoff, it's like we've not met or something.