Raw 26th November (SPOILERS)

King Pitcos

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's an aggressive dangerous form of entertainment, pussy.

Pussy? Right.

I have nothing against violence obviously, having watched UFC and wrestling for many years.

However, in a protected and staged environment, there's absolutely NO need for Ziggler to be doing a bump like that. I'm GLAD he wasn't injured because he could've been completely fucked up.

Guys like CM Punk, Evan Bourne, Samoa Joe etc - these are guys who have adapted their style, no longer taking unnecessary bumps in return for career longevity. At least guys like that had the excuse of being in the indies and following that style. Davey Richards could be a good wrestler if he decided not to do stupid life-risking shit all the time.

Ziggler is in the top promotion in the company. That bump meant NOTHING. It was completely and utterly pointless. Did it put him on the map like Foley's bump off HIAC for example? No. Now I don't think Foley ever needed to take that bump either, but if we're talking about context then at least that was a HUGE moment in the history of WWE and for Foley. What is all this stupid bumping doing for Ziggler? Absolutely fuck all.

He's like a more exaggerated and riskier Shawn Michaels at this point with the overselling, albeit to a degree where actually the bumps he's doing to try and get noticed could be the exact things that cut his career short.

I'm not just trying to be an arse here, but was Ziggler in any way injured doing that mad chair bump? By the way people are comparing it to "people fucking themselves up" like Foley off the cell and whatnot, you'd assume Ziggler got a nasty concussion and perhaps fucked up his neck or shoulder or something.

Was there any kind of injury report or indeed a report of WWE being pissed off at him for being reckless?

• Paid Members

I still want to see Ziggler doing the gimmick I suggested in chat where at the end of every title match when the champion is exhausted or beaten, we cut to Dolph backstage picking up his briefcase and making a mad dash for the ring. At some point along the way he trips or has some other accident, takes a SICK BUMP and then fails to cash in. Like Planet Stasiak but with SICKER BUMPS. I would join the army of Dolph supporters if this happened.

• Paid Members
I'm not just trying to be an arse here, but was Ziggler in any way injured doing that mad chair bump? By the way people are comparing it to "people fucking themselves up" like Foley off the cell and whatnot, you'd assume Ziggler got a nasty concussion and perhaps fucked up his neck or shoulder or something.

Was there any kind of injury report or indeed a report of WWE being pissed off at him for being reckless?

My mate pissed in a apple juice bottle and put it on Morrisons shelf when we were 15. Nobody drank it, though so by your logic he should just keep doing it until someone puts it through the check out.

It looks spectacular but I honestly don't think its too bad he looks where he's going and jumps upside down into the centre of a padded armchair not on the arms dead centre. How much was he thrown? How much did he jump? He wasn't injured and six months later people are talikng about how dangerous it was.

• Paid Members

He's a wrestler. Wrestler work hurt all the time, without telling the office. I'm sure he was definitely sore from something like that.

A lot of folk on here clearly rate Ziggler and want him to do well, but are smart enough to know that wrestlers only have so many mental bumps in them, which should be used at the most opportune moments. It's rare for the UKFF to show a bit of compassion, but nobody wants to see an athlete like Ziggler end up a physical wreck in 5/10 years time.

Anyway, Ziggler is a lost cause. Cena and the like should never be jobbing to somebody like him, especially when he has bigger things coming up and got pinned at the last PPV.

• Paid Members

I don't believe he did, but to be fair you can't just decide things are dangerous after they've hurt someone. It's better to stop him doing stupid stuff before he does it so no one gets hurt in the first place.

The point I was making is that no-one outside of Ziggler, the other people in the match and the match Agent knows what went on. All this talk of "management things he's a dangerous cretin" and "he'll be in a wheelchair acting like that" seems like a massive over-reaction.

For all we know he mentioned the bump to whoever the agent was and they went "Yeah, sounds cool".

You can get injured doing pretty much anything. There are dozens of occasions where wrestlers have done the spot where another wrestler is on commentary and someone gets launched over the table into their lap. It always results in people tumbling recklessly to the floor on top of each other, chairs and monitors. No-one ever died doing it.

Alberto Del Rio does that Chris Hamrick bump through the ropes in most matches and is inches away from ruining his back on the apron like Michaels in the casket match. Austin Aries does a dangerous flip-bump into the steps on the outside of the ring in half of his matches. No-body claims these two to be stupid, dangerous or reckless with their health.

• Paid Members
A lot of folk on here clearly rate Ziggler and want him to do well, but are smart enough to know that wrestlers only have so many mental bumps in them, which should be used at the most opportune moments. It's rare for the UKFF to show a bit of compassion, but nobody wants to see an athlete like Ziggler end up a physical wreck in 5/10 years time.

Edge is an example of this. Debuted in the WWF in 98, by 2003 he was getting neck surgery (wasn't it that neck fusion surgery Austin had?), by 2011 he was done.

It's all well and good saying it's entertaining, it's also reckless and short sighted in regards to career longevity.

I'll admit I used to love watching that high risk style. After the Benoit stuff and the links to multiple concussions and all that, I don't know, it kind of made me re-evaluate what enjoyment I get out of it.

But I haven't even seen the Ziggler bump so I'm just talking generally.

• Paid Members
. There are dozens of occasions where wrestlers have done the spot where another wrestler is on commentary and someone gets launched over the table into their lap. It always results in people tumbling recklessly to the floor on top of each other, chairs and monitors. No-one ever died doing it.

Sliding over the table to land in someone's lap is not the same as flying over the table and landing head and neck first on the chair.

. There are dozens of occasions where wrestlers have done the spot where another wrestler is on commentary and someone gets launched over the table into their lap. It always results in people tumbling recklessly to the floor on top of each other, chairs and monitors. No-one ever died doing it.

Sliding over the table to land in someone's lap is not the same as flying over the table and landing head and neck first on the chair.

I know it's not exactly the same, it's the element of unpredictability and risk that are similar though. Ultimately it's the wrestler in question that knows if something is too risky or not. If he felt safe enough doing it, he didn't get in trouble for the (perceived) recklessness, and nobody got hurt, then I honestly don't see the huge problem. It's not like he does that every match. It was a one-off in a gimmick match known for it's dangerous spots on a PPV.

In general, I'm one of those that does love Ziggler's bumping, but not in the sense that I'm hoping to see him kill himself. I love the way he takes certain moves; the Brogue Kick is the best example. Nobody on the roster makes that move look so good. He takes it like a shotgun blast to the face. It's that kind of stuff that makes his bumping a good thing, and something I enjoy.

Archived