UFC 154: 'St Pierre vs Condit'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah he will. I have no doubt Anderson is planning to call him out. But like I said on the previous page, I seriously won't be surprised if GSP declines and pushes for the Diaz fight instead.

I might have read the whole thing wrong but I get the impression GSP would really rather not fight Anderson. He has never sounded even slightly like he's up for it. And the talk's been going on since 2009.

If Anderson calls GSP out tomorrow I thing we'll get the old "I have to take a few days to talk with my team....put on weight....we'll see what happens....maybe" stuff. Then a few days later they'll release a statement saying GSP is focused fully on 170 and wants to "put the worst beating on Nick Diaz".

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope we see GSP vs Anderson, I really do. I've just really never sensed that GSP wants it. Maybe he will once Dana busts out some dollar numbers but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

• Paid Members

Wand, you're talking as if there's no prior conversations outside of the cage. There's no doubt that if Silva gets in that cage and challenges GSP, then pre fight arrangements have already been made. There's no way the UFC will make their prime ppv draw look like a chump in front of his home fans on tv.

• Paid Members

Fair point but I'm sure only about a week ago Dana was still saying he's yet to sit down with GSP to talk about it. If they hadn't discussed it up to that point then I doubt Dana is hassling him about it when GSP is in fight week for Condit. He shouldn't be hassling him anyway.

And GSP's reluctance to even talk about it the last couple of years makes me skeptical. I'm starting to think Dana is trying to make this thing so big that GSP can't turn it down. It's Dana banging on about Anderson calling GSP out, it's Dana dropping comments about dates in May and big stadiums which is raising people's anticipation.Anderson hasn't said much, GSP has said fuck all. It's almost like Dana is trying to make it so the demand for the fight is so big GSP can't refuse it without losing face.

I'm not saying he'd throw GSP under the bus if he turns it down. They can get around it by saying GSP really wants to batter Diaz or something. But I think there's a reason Dana has kicked the GSP-Anderson talk into overdrive.

• Paid Members

Haven't watched the weigh ins yet but Tom Lawlor is the bollocks. I hope they had a bloke just off camera with a Manchester accent pissing himself while saying "He fell on his fookin arse" though. Or I'll consider Tom 'Filthy Shockmaster' Lawlor a slight disappointment.

• Paid Members

Brilliant.

I get the feeling Condit is going to spoil the party once again.

Yeah that's the feeling I've had. As big a Condit fan as I am I hope GSP wins just so the Anderson fight is possible. Condit's got form for winning fights he's not meant to and cocking plans up. He set Rory MacDonald's hype train back a few paces, KO'd Dan Hardy on home soil in a fight most were picking him to lose, beat Nick Diaz in a fight he was meant to lose. He's a serious threat. He's been overlooked massively by most of the MMA media and a lot of fans I think. Especially considering we really don't know for sure if GSP will be the same. It's a really interesting fight. But this Anderson Silva talk has totally overshadowed it. It's all anyone wants to talk about. It's like the potential GSP-Anderson face off tomorrow night is the real main event and Condit's just an afterthought. He's like Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania X8, he's the headliner but no-one's talking about him. We've had Primetime but since fight week began the whole thing's being promoted around Anderson Silva sitting in a chair at cageside. GSP's a total pro but I can't help thinking has all this Anderson talk distracted him at all? Probably not but it's got to be hard to stay focused when it seems like everyone's talking about anything but your opponent.

Archived