UFC 154: 'St Pierre vs Condit'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Condit isn't gonna win this fight so there'll be no argument.

You really that sure about it Ebb? I mean, this isn't exactly Jones/Sonnen.

i think so, if this fight had taken place 2 years ago there'd be no doubt in my mind who'd win, and despite the layoff i just feel GSP will still better anywhere than Condit. I just GSP is too good an athlete to come back and not be 100% ready. I don't really see how Condit can win outside of a wild flying knee or something crazy like that. My initial post hinted at slight doubts but after thinking about it i've changed my mind, how can anyone bet against GSP?

Yeah I don't think the lay off will effect him much, if you just listen to the guy speak he isn't going to come back and not be 100% as you say he could lose to something crazy like a flying knee but then he always could lose like that.

Primetime is on ESPn Friday night at 11:45, think this is the first Primetime they have shown in a few years.

• Paid Members

Bit late but...

67170_10151275989286276_350403800_n.0_standard_500.0.jpg

Wonder if they'll have Anderson there for the in-cage face off if GSP wins? Obviously they'd have to get GSP to agree to fight Anderson which is a subject which seems to be increasingly difficult to pin him down on.

• Paid Members

Haven't watched it yet but here's episode 1 of St Pierre vs Condit: Primetime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BohVvuZUlsM

Just watched it. Good first episode. GSP's injury if nowt else has at least given them something new to talk about with him. And him being away for so long meant I wasn't as bored by hearing the old "best Georges St Pierre I ever been" stuff.

The stuff about him doubting himself early in the training camp, I don't know what to make of that. I don't think it's worth really reading too much into. He could be saying that to lull Condit into some false confidence or it could be that he was genuinely thinking he would never be the same again. We'll see on fight night how he looks. I'm hoping we get to see how he's moving in the next 2 episodes more, we didn't see much this episode in the way of GSP actually training.

One thing I didn't like was the bit on the Condit vs Diaz fight. That was a really close competitive fight. I've watched it twice and had it for Condit the first time, Diaz the second time. It's one of them type of fights where it's just that close it depends on what you notice each time you watch it. Even if you absolutely feel Condit won you can't call it a domination.

But they painted it out as a one sided victory for Condit. "Picking apart Diaz for 5 rounds" I think is how they put it. He did fight an excellent fight but to imply he schooled Diaz for the whole 5 rounds is way off the mark.

Couple of unimportant things I noticed but...

*What the fuck was up with Rory MacDonald's hair in that bit when they were all playing Hockey? :laugh: He looked like a young Prince Charles.

*Also, Firas Zahabi's wife is fit. How the fuck did he get her?

*Did anyone notice that red shit on GSP's neck? It's either he's had a bit of staph infection or Greg Jackson's been giving him love bites.

Good episode. Nothing really groundbreaking, apart from the little soundbite from GSP about giving Dana a call, I didn't know if he meant just not ready to fight this fight, or feeling like he couldn't return to MMA full-stop, only because there's a lot of online speculation that he meant retirement.

I hope GSP is at his best, I'm fairly confident Condit will be. Getting keen for this fight and the PPV overall now.

• Paid Members

I thought it was a good show. However, I couldn't help but think how much better it would've been had Diaz won his fight with Condit and took his place here. A Prime Time series with Georges and Diaz would be absolutely incredible. Still, it was enjoyable stuff that definitely got me more excited for the fight and, as others have said, Georges has been gone long enough to where it genuinely feels like a big deal to have him back. That stuff about him considering retirement was scary though. It's not something I've ever really considered before, but the UFC's going to really miss GSP whenever he decides to hang it up.

But they painted it out as a one sided victory for Condit. "Picking apart Diaz for 5 rounds" I think is how they put it. He did fight an excellent fight but to imply he schooled Diaz for the whole 5 rounds is way off the mark.

I didn't really have a problem with how they described that fight. It's just promotion. Whenever Diaz has his next fight they'll portray it differently, describing it as a controversial decision that Diaz could have won. It's just the way it goes when you're building up fights.

I'm picking Condit.

I enjoyed Primetime, as said nothing out of this world, but decent.

For two dullards like GSP and Condit, they did a sterling job. I actually remembered why I used to really like GSP, he is actually quite likable. I never knew Winklejohn had all those problems with his eye, I will be honest I did not know what he looked like until this show.

Up against the colorful and mystical Diaz these two look uncool and boring, but promoted together like on this show you can be hooked into both of the more.

I want and think GSP will win. but Condit is enough of a threat to make it interesting. I think the majority of fans wishes it was GSP vs Diaz, but after my moaning last week, I am really looking forward to this now. A break from GSP has made him seem a bit more fresh again.

EDIT: Even as a Diaz fan, the promotion of Condit's win over him did not bother me. I bet when they promote Diaz's comeback they will describe it as " a disputed points win" or something like that.

• Paid Members
Yeah I don't think the lay off will effect him much, if you just listen to the guy speak he isn't going to come back and not be 100% as you say he could lose to something crazy like a flying knee but then he always could lose like that.

Primetime is on ESPn Friday night at 11:45, think this is the first Primetime they have shown in a few years.

Was this actually shown on ESPN? I thought I had recorded it. Came to watch it,and all I got was Bundesliga.

It's repeated tonight. At 0030.

• Paid Members

GSP has been sparring Dan Hardy a bit for this Condit fight. Firas Zahabi explains why...

"He's a special guest this week to spar with Georges. He fought Condit. When he was fighting Condit, it was neck-and-neck. Yes, he got stopped by Condit, but I think it was one inch away from being the other way around. It was very close. Extremely close fight. And I think he's a very good look for us to see what it's going to like when Georges fights Condit."

I don't really buy the neck and neck thing when talking about Condit vs Hardy. It was only what 4 minutes and Condit KO'd him. And in that 4 minutes I thought Condit was getting the better throughout even before the KO.

But this isn't a bad idea. There's some similarities in Hardy and Condit's striking styles and he's a similar build physically. They are both aggressive, both like to kick a lot and mix it up with elbows and knees. I think Condit is more diverse though and he'll throw "spinning shit" and flying knees and all sorts. But Hardy's a good choice of sparring partner for this fight I think.

I'm still really hoping they book Nick Diaz vs Dan Hardy when Diaz's suspension comes to an end. Sounds like Diaz vs Koscheck is being campaigned for though.

• Paid Members

Dana

"There's no doubt Anderson Silva (is) showing up to cheer Georges St-Pierre on, and he wants him to win this fight. He wants to fight him after. So I would say yes (he will challenge him in the cage)."

Also he's been saying there's 3 leading candidates for a venue for Silva vs GSP if it happens. Toronto (I'm guessing the massive Rogers Centre which hosted 129), a soccer stadium in Brazil or on neutral ground at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas.

Condit could fuck a lot of plans up in 8 or 9 days if he pulls off the upset. If it happens, expect Dana to do this face again as he's strapping the belt on Condit...

2j3fk84.jpg

• Paid Members
ahhh Dana's definitly gonna be pissed if Condit pulls this off. Condit is the sole thing preventing the biggest fight in the sports history.

Whilst I know we've all discussed it before, but Condit could become the most unpopular fighter in MMA history if he pulls off the win haha. Not only did he prevent Diaz vs GSP, he's on the cusp of spoiling the biggest fight in MMA history. :laugh:

I certainly wouldn't like to be in his position. In fact, I worry about what kind of pressure it puts on both individuals having Silva there?

Archived