UFC 154: 'St Pierre vs Condit'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I hadn't really thought about it before, but yeah, that must be some serious pressure Condit is feeling right now. Bar his friends and family there's almost no-one rooting for him and, should he win, he'll go down in history as the guy who fucked up one of the biggest dream fights of all time. It must feel weird knowing that even your boss wants you to lose.

I can only imagine Dana's sad face should it happen.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Whilst I know we've all discussed it before, but Condit could become the most unpopular fighter in MMA history if he pulls off the win haha. Not only did he prevent Diaz vs GSP, he's on the cusp of spoiling the biggest fight in MMA history. :laugh:

I know what you're saying but even if Diaz won that fight he'd still have been slapped with this suspension and GSP would still have been injured. So even if Diaz won, the GSP vs Diaz fight couldn't have happened until at least Feb/Mar 2013 anyway.

But yeah, good point on the pressure. I was looking at it like Condit was the underdog and had nothing to lose but you're right. He's got a lot riding on this. Especially after the bullshit backlash he got following the Diaz fight.

Weird one, usually I'd be 100% behind Condit here. I like GSP but I'm more a Condit fan. But I think I'll be cheering GSP next Saturday. We've been waiting too long for GSP vs Anderson as it is, it needs to happen.

• Paid Members

FUEL's line up for the week building up to 154

Monday, 10:30 p.m. ET:

"UFC Roundtable: Welterweights, Part I" with Jay Glazer, St-Pierre, B.J. Penn, Matt Serra and Renzo Gracie

Tuesday, 10 p.m. ET:

"UFC Tonight" previews UFC 154

Tuesday, 10:30 p.m. ET:

Part II of "UFC 154 Primetime," featuring an all-access look at St-Pierre and Condit preparing for their title fight

Wednesday, 11 p.m. ET:

"Countdown to UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit"

Thursday, 11 p.m. ET:

"UFC Roundtable: Welterweights, Part II" with Jay Glazer, St-Pierre, B.J. Penn, Matt Serra and Renzo Gracie

Thursday, 11:30 p.m. ET:

"UFC Ultimate Insider: Best of Georges St-Pierre

Friday, 4 p.m. ET:

UFC 154 weigh-ins special

Saturday, 7:30 p.m. ET:

Part III of "UFC 154 Primetime"

Sunday, 1 a.m.:

UFC 154 post-fight special

I wish ESPN would get some of this stuff on. Especially the roundtable stuff and UFC Tonight. Why not? It's not like they've got much else on.

Great lineup of programming, hopefully I can find those Roundtable shows locally. Fuel Australia only just showed Primetime 1 last night, they definitely need to pick up their game. Good thing I've made a list of fights to watch should they let me down, actually I will probably watch your link for Primetime 2 now, cheers :) The joys of finishing Uni for the year, eh?

• Paid Members

thought on Hendricks/Kampmann?

Kampmann is by far the superior fighter in terms of technique and all around game but his tendency to get hit means that i see him getting dropped...Kampmann has played with fire many times and came through some sticky situations but against a power puncher like Hendricks i feel he's getting clipped.

I'd love Kampmann to win because he's been one of the UFC's most consistently entertaining fighters for years, i just feel it's gonna be the Baconator's night.

• Paid Members

I really hope Kampmann wins. I'd love to see him finally crack into title contention, he's been a whisker away a couple of times now and never quite got there due to some bad breaks.

It's a tricky one to call. Hendricks has that big left hand and some great wrestling but to be honest, I don't rate him as much as most seem to. The Fitch KO has got people talking but I don't know. I'm not sold he can beat top guys on a consistent basis. I thought he lost to Koscheck last time out as well.

Saying that, I do have a bad feeling he might clip Kampmann. Kampmann has a tendency to get hit a lot early on, if he can scrape through he usually does well but it could be curtains if one of them lefts lands early doors.

I thought the same with Ellenberger though and Kampmann pulled it off. Fuck knows. Sod it, I'll go Kampmann on points.

• Paid Members

One day to go and I have to admit I'm excited. I didn't expect to be with the undercard but the main event alone is must see. There are just so many questions that need answering.

Will Condit "spoil the party" again?

Will GSP be the same GSP?

If GSP wins will Anderson call him out Sonnen style?

If Condit wins will he get out there alive??????

• Paid Members

Anderson's saying he won't. He's playing it down and saying he's there to watch the event and that's it. I don't buy it. You don't really see Anderson in attendance at UFC events often unless he's fighting or cornering someone. He has no reason to be in Canada right now unless he's planning to call out GSP.

I'm telling you, GSP does not want this fight with Anderson. He was asked again at the press conference and he seemed really agitated. I get that he has to focus on Condit but every time it's brought up he gets all arsey about it.

I bet if GSP wins tomorrow he'll push for a fight with Nick Diaz. He wants none of The Spider. Dana's talking about a May date for the superfight, Anderson's going to challenge him, it's all painting GSP into a corner.

I wouldn't be surprised if GSP wins tomorrow, Anderson gets in for a face-off only for GSP to say "I respect you Anderson Silva, you're a great champion, I'm honoured you want to fight me but my weight class is 170 and I would rather fight Nick Diaz".

Archived