Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does anyone believe there is any merit to the stories linking Jimmy Savile to the Yorkshire Ripper killings? 

I read he was a suspect and detectives had a cast made of Savile's teeth to check against bite-marks left on the bodies of murder victims.

Only problem was that after Savile was tipped off, he had his teeth capped in advance of the casting.

IIRC a victim was found virtually right outside his flat too.

Food for thought!

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

Does anyone believe there is any merit to the stories linking Jimmy Savile to the Yorkshire Ripper killings? 

I read he was a suspect and detectives had a cast made of Savile's teeth to check against bite-marks left on the bodies of murder victims.

Only problem was that after Savile was tipped off, he had his teeth capped in advance of the casting.

Food for thought!

& i suppose the next thing you expect us to believe is that Bruce "Les Battersby" Jones discovered one of The Ripper's victims on his allotment? 

You must think we were all born yesterday!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

Are you suggesting that the Ripper was actually Savile, and that Peter Sutcliffe is innocent?

Savile was a super-fit marathon runner. He was more than capable of killing someone further away.

• 3 months later...

The argument is what's the point of sentencing an old man to a sentence they'll die during, and I understand completely the anger about the length of sentence, but the key thing here is a very powerful man has been found guilty and I believe it'll give other people the courage to come forward.  I don't think this will be the only trial he'll face.

• Paid Members

Exactly - even with a soft sentence, it's a landmark moment insomuch as the victims have been believed and a powerful man has not been able to hide behind that power any longer. If justice isn't necessarily served the way everyone might like with Cosby, it at least sets the ball rolling for future court cases.

• Paid Members

They are going to want to set a strong legal precedent, and they are definitely not going to want a drawn out circus like the Oscar Pistorius saga.

Keith is right though, what's the point of an old man dying in prison, it doesn't help the victims. 

Archived