Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That ended up not being Dave Lee Travis at all. That account finished by saying they were really Charlie Brooker, doing a 'social experiment', but Brooker knew nothing about it. Then the fake DLT deleted itself.

:angry: well that's just terrible.

With Roache, there's an underlying aspect of outright sociopathy. This is a man who's already admitted to fucking/using over 1,000 women (while also saying "We're pure love, made in love, living in love. It is urgent to get this over. Time is running out"), and who previously said that rape victims and abused children are to blame for what happened to them, on account of their bad Karma for what they did in past lives. His 'apology' for that consisted of denying that he'd ever said what we've all seen him say in video footage, with zero comprehension that he's done anything wrong. He's also a bonafide cult member who believed that December 2012 would see the human race evolving into a pure energy state, and recently was communicating telepathically with his dogs on ITV's This Morning. He clearly is a sex predator, but he's off his fucking nut too.

Blimey. Ok, put him in the full-on sex offender category. But this Operation will undoubtedly suck in some guys who probably don't deserve to be lumped in with Saville, but will be anyway for all time. And tough shit, basically.

• Paid Members
That's worrying, my little sister used to hang out at his house all the time. I'm not kidding. :crazy:

Why was she hanging round at a pensioners house?

She's friends with his daughter, so I'll be careful what I post, but for what it's worth she said he was more of a talkative old grump than a perv.

I asked Bill Roache for his autograph when I was about 7. I'll never forget what he said to me.

"Piss off, you little shit."

• Paid Members
Blimey. Ok, put him in the full-on sex offender category. But this Operation will undoubtedly suck in some guys who probably don't deserve to be lumped in with Saville, but will be anyway for all time. And tough shit, basically.

Hes not been arrested as part of Yewtree though. Its totally separate to the Saville case

That's worrying, my little sister used to hang out at his house all the time. I'm not kidding. :crazy:

Why was she hanging round at a pensioners house?

She's friends with his daughter, so I'll be careful what I post, but for what it's worth she said he was more of a talkative old grump than a perv.

I refuse to believe Rolf is a nonce.

• Paid Members

This post is not to be intended as a "why didnt she come forward earlier" and that kind of thing. Its an "educate me, cause I honestly dont know" type of question.

Seen as Roache has been arrested for an alleged rape going way back to 1967, what kind of evidence would be needed to bring a case like that back up? Obviously, there is enough evidence for the police to arrest and ultimately charge him, but can anyone shed some light on that for me? Also, how hard would it be for the victim to prove it? Surely after 50 years there would be much in the way of either physical or DNA evidence. So, where would the prosecution go from here?

• Paid Members
Obviously, there is enough evidence for the police to arrest and ultimately charge him, but can anyone shed some light on that for me? Also, how hard would it be for the victim to prove it? Surely after 50 years there would be much in the way of either physical or DNA evidence.

I haven't read anything about the Roache allegations, but I recall that Savile was quickly declared a "predatory sex offender" by the police before any posthumous trial or collecting of DNA evidence because of very specific and unpublished anecdotes common to a bevy of allegations. Similarly, the police in Ontario knew that they were dealing with a single serial rapist back in the late 80s and early 90s because the victims all gave summaries that mid-attack they would be told to say "you're the king! you're the best!" DNA evidence later confirmed this.

So, in the absence of DNA evidence, one would imagine that there are very specific elements common to the allegations that haven't been published. If the girls all indicated that they were made to say "you're better than Johnny Briggs, Big Billy", then the police would identify that there was cause to arrest.

As for silly questions elsewhere on why raped children don't tend to visit a police station to make allegations about their famous abusers whilst the bed's still warm, here's the initial letter making allegations about Stuart Hall, which was sent to a journalist and two officers in the Met:

I write to tell you that Stuart Hall is another television presenter who you can investigate.

I speak from personal experience; he groomed and then sexually exploited me when I was a young teenager in the 1970s.

As he did it to me so I would imagine that he did it to others.

Stuart was a presenter on Look North, a local BBC news programme. He was invited by the head of my school to come and present the prizes one year, and presented to me, among others. He exchanged a few words with me on the stage, at a microphone. I took my prize and left the hall. A while later a message came from the head teacher; would I go back to the hall, as Stuart had asked to see me. He had told the head that he was impressed by me and wondered if I would have permission to visit the local BBC studios; he thought that a girl like me could have a future in television journalism. My head teacher was na

Archived