Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Chanting the three letters of a promotion is slightly worse for me.

was it my imagination or did the Cruiserweight Classic last week get a few smatterings of C-DUB-C

this hasnt always annoyed but it's started to now, see NXT and the fact 95% of the time a chant comes after a top rope dive or something, feels extremely dated compared to a decade ago when iMPACT and ROH were actually putting on the kinda style WWE wouldn't show you

I really don't get the big excitement on twitter re Cody Rhodes. For all his years on tv , only the dx stuff, then when he won to belts to save Dusty stand out to me. What have I missed, if anything?

To me there's a lotta Brit indie guys bugging themselves up as opponents as he's likely to be min eventing as fresh off wwe run. Then their fans buying the hype, then he appears and has dull matches. I forgot the dashing stuff after he broke his nose, but it's not like he's Angle in terms of matches and content.

Edited by Louch

When Angle left there were still loads of amazing wrestlers not under contract to WWE as well. The idea of him against guys like Styles and Joe was enough to get genuinely excited about. Most big indie names work for WWE now though. There are still plenty of talented guys out there, but it isn't like ten years ago.

The Micker strikes again:

THIS MAGIC MOMENT

This backstage promo for the ‪#‎WWE‬ Facebook page might not have seemed like a big deal, but to the three of us -me, Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch, it was very special; two of the best wrestlers on the planet, and one of their most vocal supporters (I really did drive 12 hours to watch their May 2015 ‪#‎Takeover‬ match) on camera together for the first time.

I am thrilled to be working with the ‪#‎LegitBoss‬ every Monday on ‪#‎RAW‬, and know that Becky will be a big success on ‪#‎SmackDownLive‬. I thought the #WWE draft was a big night for ‪#‎WomensWrestling‬ - with Charlotte drafted 3rd overall, and Sasha and Becky both going within the first 15. It was important to both me and Stephanie McMahon that we draft a woman in the first round as a statement. In retrospect, I wish I'd pushed harder for Sasha and Becky to go in the top ten - but I think the sky is the limit for these two.

I can't shake the image of him raising Banks hand when she finally wins the womens title in a guest ref capacity. Spleughr. Guess this is going to be a tiny little feature of Raw going foward.

I do think he's a genuine case though, to be honest. With that look he's got going on he is almost too much of a target but I wouldn't be surprised if he can't stand to attention anymore because of some stupid chair shot he took on a May 1999 episode of Raw.

Edited by Gay as FOOK