Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Just heard on the LAW that the lineal brawl for all champion is Nate Diaz. Bart Gun, Butterbean then they took Butterbeans mma record don't know the names but there was around 5 names then Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz. Bit of fun.

I love stuff like that. I'm a Boxrec wanker and just traced it's lineage through purely boxing fights. If you do it that way the current lineal Brawl For All champion is actually Tyson Fury!

watched ROH Death Before Dishonor from 2006 last night and I'd recommend it to anyone.

It's the finale of the ROH v CZW feud, the only satisfying wrestling invasion angle. The crowd is split about 70/30 in favour of ROH and the atmosphere is hostile like no other. It's most comparable to a football crowd with home and away fans. Middle fingers all over the place and you'd think riots would break out when CZW fans led a chant of "overrated" towards Bryan Danielson! The CZW fans are hilariously awful throughout really. And the main event is just a nuts WarGames-esque Cage of Death Match, feat Cesaro with hair and Necro Butcher on the CZW team. It's hilarious to see ROH fans wanting BJ Whitmer to beat up Cesaro with 2016 eyes. Nice shout from a fan too "hair transplants - look into it!" towards Cesaro.

Just an utterly unique show whether you reckon you'd care for the wrestling or not.

I remember buying that DVD after reading a review of the show on here and the poster wrote "Homicide threw thumbtacks on the mat as a barefooted Necro Butcher was charging at him and it was like a scene from Tom & Jerry".

That conjured such a great image in my head that I wanted to see it for myself (YouTube and places generating GIFs were not as common 10 years ago) so I bought the DVD.

After starting with that I bought some of the other ROH vs CZW shows that led up to that cage match and it was all great stuff from the Summer of 2006. 

watched ROH Death Before Dishonor from 2006 last night and I'd recommend it to anyone.

It's the finale of the ROH v CZW feud, the only satisfying wrestling invasion angle. The crowd is split about 70/30 in favour of ROH and the atmosphere is hostile like no other. It's most comparable to a football crowd with home and away fans. Middle fingers all over the place and you'd think riots would break out when CZW fans led a chant of "overrated" towards Bryan Danielson! The CZW fans are hilariously awful throughout really. And the main event is just a nuts WarGames-esque Cage of Death Match, feat Cesaro with hair and Necro Butcher on the CZW team. It's hilarious to see ROH fans wanting BJ Whitmer to beat up Cesaro with 2016 eyes. Nice shout from a fan too "hair transplants - look into it!" towards Cesaro.

Just an utterly unique show whether you reckon you'd care for the wrestling or not.

I remember buying that DVD after reading a review of the show on here and the poster wrote "Homicide threw thumbtacks on the mat as a barefooted Necro Butcher was charging at him and it was like a scene from Tom & Jerry".

That conjured such a great image in my head that I wanted to see it for myself (YouTube and places generating GIFs were not as common 10 years ago) so I bought the DVD.

After starting with that I bought some of the other ROH vs CZW shows that led up to that cage match and it was all great stuff from the Summer of 2006.

Is there anyway to watch any of the CZW vs ROH stuff online?

Is there anyway to watch any of the CZW vs ROH stuff online?

I downloaded every ROH show from 2002-2008 on XWT, but you could probably just download the 2006 pack to get this feud

was goin through my old wrestling figures today, and came across my old Al Snow figure with a leg missing, so i thought it was only logical i rip the head off too

eIiRkNK.png

also of amusing note was my Johnny Stamboli(!) figure with a melted stomach. really used to batter them toys