Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

He seemed really fucked up if you read old Meltzer newsletters. Grabbing mental bastards by the throat etc. Trying to open plane doors too. Amazing he isn't dead.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

With the reset button WWE seem to have pressed since Wrestlemania, I hope they start an unwritten rule of having Wrestlemania as their 'season finale' and starting a fresh from the next night's Raw. I'm not saying wipe the slate clean, vacate all titles and start from scratch. But Wrestlemania, as good as it's been the last few years, just seems like another step in the never ending WWE merry go round.

We've got used to Wrestlemania rematches being the norm for the months following the event. I hope it becomes a proper blow off show and they start freshening things up like they have this year. With the talent coming through NXT, it makes sense that a lot of them can debut on the post-Wrestlemania Raw and spend the following year competing with each other for a place on the next Wrestlemania card.

• Paid Members

I always thought that the "Dingo Warrior", a name that the Ultimate Warrior used early in his career in Texas, was something to do with Australia, like some kind of weird Aboriginal facepaint or whatever. Well, you would, wouldn't you?

After reading Gary Hart's book, though, it turns out that Hart had this idea for two New York street toughs called Dingo & Socko, and thought Warrior would make a good Dingo. He couldn't find the right Socko so just added the word Warrior to Dingo and shoved him on TV.

• Paid Members

With the reset button WWE seem to have pressed since Wrestlemania, I hope they start an unwritten rule of having Wrestlemania as their 'season finale' and starting a fresh from the next night's Raw. I'm not saying wipe the slate clean, vacate all titles and start from scratch. But Wrestlemania, as good as it's been the last few years, just seems like another step in the never ending WWE merry go round.

We've got used to Wrestlemania rematches being the norm for the months following the event. I hope it becomes a proper blow off show and they start freshening things up like they have this year. With the talent coming through NXT, it makes sense that a lot of them can debut on the post-Wrestlemania Raw and spend the following year competing with each other for a place on the next Wrestlemania card.

I had an idea when I was a younger lad that survivor series could be the the end of the feud and that the rumble in Jan started the next year's worth of feuds. Imagine that, everyone having an 11 month feud, fucking idiot. Edited by Kaz Hayashi

How shite is JoJo ,seriously?

Reminds of that Dennis Pennis interview with Hugh Grant.

"How do you get yourself psyched up for movie roles? Do you go into the woods and stare at some trees?"

Calling her wooden would be an insult to wood.

• Paid Members

Can anyone explain Titanes en el Ring to me? Butch?

It was an Argentinean wrestling promotion which was built around the promoter, Martin Karadagian, fighting ever-more-ridiculous monsters, with his arch-nemesis (and later pal) being La Momia, a huge mummy resembling what WCW thought a Yeti looked like. It wasn't the best, work-wise, but it was tons of fun. Not much remains of it, because it was Argentina in the 60s & 70s, but there's a few things around.

• Moderators

Can anyone explain Titanes en el Ring to me? Butch?

Only THE GREATEST WRESTLING SHOW OF ALL TIME. If you like gimmicks and the catchiest theme tune in history, then it's for you.

EDIT: Gallery of Gimmicks

Edited by PowerButchi