Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

How did I misquote you mate? they were your words, I'm pointing out the fact that you stated you haven't watched a full episode since punk was around, but then state the weekly product is poor.

It's worthy of a 'howay'. It's arguably worse than someone who watches it regularly and points out the shit parts.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

How did I misquote you mate? they were your words, I'm pointing out the fact that you stated you haven't watched a full episode since punk was around, but then state the weekly product is poor.

It's worthy of a 'howay'. It's arguably worse than someone who watches it regularly and points out the shit parts.

It's misquoting because you removed most of it to change the entire point I was making. I haven't sat through a full episode (most people here admit they fast forward large chunks of the show) because the product is poor.

I have watched enough of it to know I won't enjoy certain parts, so instead of forcing myself for three hours a week I choose not to. I've seen Authority promos, and they bore the shit out of me. I don't watch them every week, because they will bore the shit out of me. I won't continue watching something that is poor just for the sake of it or to complain about it.

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

Doesn't matter.

Anyone know who is writing or signs off the E&C show? I know Vince has final say if he wants, I'm just not sure about other individuals.

There's been a couple of things on there that were some what close to the mark... The Sunny lotion 'cake Fancer /fake cancer' and the jib about Hogan winning millions.

• Paid Members

The bleeped language was another thing I found a little too close for modern day WWE programming. Especially the Zack Ryder segment.

Something that's worth remembering is that WWE on television is PG because of sponsorship/ad revenue. It's possible they don't care so much about things being slightly rougher round the edges on The Network because they hardly run any ads on there apart from for their own product.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Minor grip that's been bugging me for a while.  After hitting a shellshock and between the ref counting 2 and 3, Rybak reguarly releases the pin and begins to get up.  I've seen several other wrestlers in WWE do similar things.  Obviously I've never seen anyone begin releasing the pin after 2 and then the opponent actually kick out.  

These lazy pin releases not only signal to the viewer that the count will be 3, but they also defy basic wrestling logic - unless the angle is that the pinner is so confident his move will score the 3 that he doesn't hold the full pin until three (but why then bother hooking a leg at all).

• Paid Members

The bleeped language was another thing I found a little too close for modern day WWE programming. Especially the Zack Ryder segment.

It's a strange one, I'm really not sure on the angle of the programme at all. It seems to be aimed at 30 year old 8 year olds. A lot of its school yard poo jokes, with 'remember this' from 93-99, and then a few harsh ribs. I'll admit, I keep watching it to find out who else they end up being snide about.

The fake cancer one properly caught me off guard.

They have a spotify playlist playing through sonos speakers in the bogs at work. Today's list was WWE theme tunes (https://open.spotify.com/user/1244391191/playlist/7oYV81CyEriJqVjTtLfyRI if you're interested). I went in for a slash and Jack Swagger's music was playing, so I put my hand across my chest and mouthed "We, the pee pee" - it would have been rude not to.

I think some time ago they realised that the core demographic for the Network is people who are older than the demographic they want to sell John Cena T-Shirts to.  .  Jerry Springer, Swerved, Edge and Christian's show, and the Camp WWE thing is catering to an adult market.