Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

WWE Smackdown head writer and right hand man of Triple H, Road Dogg, still standing by his previous comments on wins and losses.

wx2s5Df.png

Fair play to him being so open to discussing it but I got myself blocked for arguing the toss (@RatedTamer not being me) by making the obvious points and bringing up their roster of midcarders.

It's worrying this is the philosophy there. The best thing they've done in months is the AJ/Jericho feud and that's precisley because they've actually made the wins and losses matter in it.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

You care about your favourite character? What show is he watching? Every character on their roster is wafer thin. They're impossible to root for because there's nothing there to relate to or get interested in. Nobody is ever developed or given any type of backstage vignette to get over. They're just blokes having matches, the results of which we're supposed to not care about. Unbelievable.

You care about your favourite character? What show is he watching? Every character on their roster is wafer thin. They're impossible to root for because there's nothing there to relate to or get interested in.

Course there is. Some of the characters have paid their dues on the indies and don't deserve to be buried, and some of them haven't paid their dues on the indies and don't deserve to be pushed. THE REALITY ERA.

You care about your favourite character? What show is he watching? Every character on their roster is wafer thin. They're impossible to root for because there's nothing there to relate to or get interested in.

Course there is. Some of the characters have paid their dues on the indies and don't deserve to be buried, and some of them haven't paid their dues on the indies and don't deserve to be pushed. THE REALITY ERA.

So desperate to get a jab in that you'll crowbar it in where no one's having that debate. Don't worry, none of us have forgotten what your views are.

• Paid Members

Wrestling and shit taste in music go hand in hand though, just look at the music threads on here. Mostly all shit metal stuff.

That 'recommend me some music' thread in OT right now is just tragic.
I hope that's not knocking CCR.

I hope it is.

Fair enough.

I'll take the chance again to admit my taste in music is poor. As is my taste in pretty much everything. Tragic but then easily forgettable and simple enough to ignore, as is so much with and for me.

So desperate to get a jab in that you'll crowbar it in where no one's having that debate. Don't worry, none of us have forgotten what your views are.

Well said, his post had a absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand, just another post about Internet wrestling fans, despite none of 'dem wans' actually posting on this board

Plenty of dem do, and dey always get upset when dey think I'm having at go at dem. And I enjoy when that happens very much. But it was actually a pop at WWE's inability (or lack of desire) to come up with interesting characters/dynamics that aren't just Internet hate figures being overpushed and Internet darlings being buried. For fans who don't cry whenever an ROH alum loses a match or an ex-footballer wins one, there's almost nothing to get invested in.