Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Loving how much love is being shown for Peter Gabriel here. One of my favourite artists of all time. And yeah - WWE need to use his stuff more. "Big Time" was awesome for WM23, and I loved that tribute someone did for Eddy Guerrero to "Here Comes The Flood". "Solsbury Hill" would've made a decent track for Daniel Bryan's retirement video too.

There's a whole host of songs they can use:

Steam - Wrestlemania theme

San Jacinto - feud/wrestler build-up long vignette

Mercy Street - retirement/tribute video

Red Rain - Wrestlemania theme

Solsbury Hill - retirement video or build-up vignette for first-time World title challenger

Don't Give Up - vignette for wrestler picking himself up from defeat/coming back from injury

I think I prefer the songs they were using a few years back like 'I Made It' for 26 and 'Written In The Stars' for 27 apposed to that nu-metal shite they were using the post-AE era. 'My Way' worked perfectly for X7, but the other PPV theme songs of that time made wrestling look like it was disgusting neckbeards.

Wrestling sounded like Puddle Of Mudd, we all played Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 and Sky One was full of dark fantasy heroines.

No we all didn't, and I certainly didn't watch them. I was playing Championship Manager and watching Teachers. I hated Puddle of Mudd too.

A far superior cultural consumption. From 10-13 or so that was it for us, though!

And yeah the THPS soundtracks were vastly superior - apart from that annoying one about washing your ass - I was just chucking it in to the mix at the time.

I did enjoy that CKY song from THPS (abbr.)

Diddledi BOWWWMM baddledaddledaddledidd'n doodooDOOD'N doodledoo dood'n etc.

Until your man who wasn't a Margera that couldn't sing, started to sing.

I think you're talking about 96 Quite Bitter Beings.  At least that's what entered my mind when I said that aloud.

• Paid Members

I did enjoy that CKY song from THPS (abbr.)

Diddledi BOWWWMM baddledaddledaddledidd'n doodooDOOD'N doodledoo dood'n etc.

Until your man who wasn't a Margera that couldn't sing, started to sing.

Sooo....the bass player started to sing? As far as i'm aware, Margera's brother has allways played drums in CKY and has never been lead singer as that's what the guitarist did.

I'd love it ff there was a WWE event that started off with some pop-punk or emo number. Imagine a video package of a Roman feud with the tones of New Found Glory or Taking Back Sunday in the background. Fuckin' lovely, proper nostalgia trip that will be for me.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

Sooo....the bass player started to sing? As far as i'm aware, Margera's brother has allways played drums in CKY and has never been lead singer as that's what the guitarist did.

I'm not a big CKY fan (enjoy the dvds, not so much the band), so I don't know who's in the band but I did say "the one who isn't a Margera".

But yeah, that learned me.

Deron Miller. I just googled it. Him. He can't sing. He has an atrocious voice. Atrocious.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

I'm not a big CKY fan (enjoy the dvds, not so much the band), so I don't know who's in the band but I did say "the one who isn't a Margera".

But yeah, that learned me.

Deron Miller. I just googled it. Him. He can't sing. He has an atrocious voice. Atrocious.

Ha, i loved those CKY DVD's. Allways had a guilty soft spot for shows like Jackass and the like, those CKY DVD's were right up my street when i were a teenangster. It's probably why i gravittated towards CZW in 2003 :D

InfiltrateDestroyRebuild is a nice album. Bam Margera dirties that universe of stuff by being an irritating drip. The Jackass movies are hillarious. Chris Pontius and Steve O are great men. Nothing guilty about it!