Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

New Day have been great, fair play I was worried for them at first, great stuff from all 3. a SAWFT/New Day feud needs to happen

New Day have been great, fair play I was worried for them at first, great stuff from all 3. a SAWFT/New Day feud needs to happen

Yeah I really like the three of them. Kofi always had a certain kind of charisma where he came across as a cool bloke in stuff outside WWE, but he never translated in to a wrestling character and it seems after 7 + years he's finally on to something.

I thought Big E was/ is destined for greatness. The guy has everything to be a star. Not sure about Woods in the ring, but he'd fit in somewhere in the middle in the heyday of managers, surely.

Edited by Cobra1000

• Paid Members

That was one of those "Bret's glasses are selling, I'll have to find something" gimmicks. Anvil was desperate for those to catch on. Millions of fans worldwide wearing pink berrets. You'd think he'd have at least kept going with it. He just stopped wearing it one day and never returned to the scene of the crime.

2408%20-%20hat%20jim_the_anvil_neidhart%

That was one of those "Bret's glasses are selling, I'll have to find something" gimmicks. Anvil was desperate for those to catch on. Millions of fans worldwide wearing pink berrets. You'd think he'd have at least kept going with it. He just stopped wearing it one day and never returned to the scene of the crime.

2408%20-%20hat%20jim_the_anvil_neidhart%

If they'd sold Jim The Anvil Stick-On Beards, me and everyone I'd dare to call a friend would have bought one. Maybe even a couple each.

Just watching WCW Souled Out 98 (purely to see Hart / Flair after nearly 20 years) 

I've just realised I've never seen this match - any good?

It's nothing special. I never thought Bret and Flair really had very good chemistry together. I think Bret's at his best when he either has a monster he has to over come or a smaller guy to bump around for him. 

The sad thing about the match I noticed was Bret's entrance. Being his first match since Montreal and as a baby face you can see he's genuinely trying to recapture the magic and get back to his old ways. Marching to the ring with a purpose, great looking gear, nice jacket and most of all the old school baby face pink Hitman wrap around shades which of course he dishes out to a fan at ringside.

Flash forward 6 months and he's strolling down with no jacket, maybe a random hockey jersey, whatever pair of aviators he might have found at the local gas station and a look that reads "What the hell happened" slapped on his Chevy Chase.

• Paid Members

Bret had a blistering 97, just one of his best years for character as he freshened himself up no end.

From then on it was forgettable sadly. Wcw didn't know what to do with him, he seemed to have lost the passion and he wasn't working with people to drive him out of it most of the time it seems.

He had some great matches still, but they were rarer than in the past, and from 98 on he felt to me, in retrospect, undersold by both wcw and himself.

Perhaps if he was bitter at wwf, or even the business in general, they should have run with it and had him more like he was in the last couple of years of WWF, scathing about how great he is and the business doesn't see it. After SS97 I guess its logical to rally him as the face, but it didn't click at the time, especially given the age of the antihero and the bollocks at starcade.

Bret really was a victim of stepping into a world that Hogan ran, because he just ran in place constantly, and kept getting taken off TV at crucial times. You can see Bret mentally tapped out very shortly into the run, and I don't blame him one bit. Remember watching Nitro and seeing him as part of the nWo wearing Hogan's T-shirt and just thinking "Fuck's sake". No matter what, given his intro to the company, that just made so little sense in every way.

Guy at my work just walked past me wearing a Kevin Owens t-shirt.

If you post here, sorry for bringing it up.

Nice. I can pretty much guarantee no one in my office, roughly 80 people, likes wrestling. Am I wrong in assuming that? Am I that much of a pretentious prick? (Yes)

Is warrior actually dead, I've just watched his wife at the 2015 hall of fame speech and it's seems incredibly false.

Funnny you should say that, I have a friend who is adamant that Warrior is still alive but now living back under his original name - his rational behind his thinking.... Because there was virtually no publicity surrounding his funeral.