Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

It would've made Goldberg a mega star, they could've had him vs Orton at Unforgiven or a triple threat with Flair added, big one on one Goldberg v Triple H at Survivor Series then still have him drop the title back in the same three way at Armageddon.

It would probably have been better than what we got but let's not go nuts. No one was reaching mega star status in WWE in 2003.

As you say, Goldberg would've been booed against Michaels and neither Orton nor Flair would've been strong opponents in 2003. Flair was a spent force as a title challenger and Orton was a year away from his first PPV main event. It would've been a satisfying moment and a rematch against a returning Triple H sounds tasty but they just didn't have the cast of characters necessary for a compelling Goldberg title reign.

Just stick him against Kane at Unforgiven then, have Shane interfere to keep Kane strong, anything would've been better than the slowest match ever he had with HHH

That's based on him winning the title at Summerslam obviously

Edited by Dr.PeterVenkman

There was at least one chamber match where Mysterio was jumping around all over the gaff, clinging to the chains and bumping like a madman. I remember thinking they were close to career best performances from him, and he's had one of the best careers of anyone in wrestling.

I think you talking about the WHC Chamber in 2009 when Edge jumped Kofi at the start.

The final 2 were Egde and Rey and they had a fair bit of time and Rey was brilliant!

I also love Edge v Rey at the 2008 Rumble.

Edited by Fanny Pack

• Paid Members

They've done that for years. They've pretty much stopped doing pyro as well. They came to the conclusion that pyro and new sets dont draw a single person to buy the shows, so its much cheaper to put out the same set. Or close to the same set. Its only WrestleMania that they do the big production these days.

Had it not been for the Monday Night Wars, I wonder if WWE would have ever did a special set for each PPV? I think WCW were the first ones to tart up the PPV sets. Back in the 80s and 90s, each WWF PPV pretty much had the same entrance way. Even up to WrestleMania 13, they still had the SummerSlam 94 entrance way.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

What were amongst the best "coliseum home video exclusive" vhs tapes from the 80's and 90's for pure match quality ?

Smack em Whack em has two good Bret matches. Wrestlefest 94 is worth watching for Steiners vs Bret and Owen.

Otherwise it's profiles of good workers like British Bulldogs, Savage, Bret and HBK.

There's a decent tape that has the Razor/123 vs. HBK/Diesel match but I can't remember what it is called.

What were amongst the best "coliseum home video exclusive" vhs tapes from the 80's and 90's for pure match quality ?

Smack em Whack em has two good Bret matches. Wrestlefest 94 is worth watching for Steiners vs Bret and Owen.

Otherwise it's profiles of good workers like British Bulldogs, Savage, Bret and HBK.

There's a decent tape that has the Razor/123 vs. HBK/Diesel match but I can't remember what it is called.

Hits From The Heartbreak Kid

• Paid Members

This is what I was thinking of:

Slamfest 1995

11/07/94 Bret Hart & Davey Boy Smith vs. Owen Hart & Jim Neidhart

07/01/94 Lex Luger vs. Diesel

05/25/94 The 1-2-3 Kid vs. Yokozuna

09/28/94 Razor Ramon & 123 Kid vs. Shawn Michaels & Diesel (Action Zone)

10/17/94 Jeff Jarrett vs. Doink

About the sets, don't they have all the old stuff in storage in the WWE warehouse? It'd be worth dusting off some of it, I reckon. Of course, no one spends money on a PPV because of the set, that's a ridiculous way to view things. Thing is, in the current climate, everything blends together when it looks the same, it makes the overall product bland and stale. If I mention Wrestlemania 21, you can immediately picture the show in your head, with the distinctive Hollywood theme. If I mention Summerslam 2014, can you recall the atmosphere?You'd think WWE, with all their production capabilities, could see the value in aesthetics, and there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

In the same vein, I miss Raw having red ropes and Smackdown having blue ropes.