Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Is D'Lo wrestling over here at the minute?

Wrestled for Infinite in Liverpool last night

Is he as massive as he looks in the video?

Pretty big, here's a shot of him and Sam Bailey courtesy Darren Potts photography

VlRG0M6.jpgbJ4vOlS.jpg

Worked the match in the Liverpool top and appeared to be made up to be there, definitely had his working boots on busting out moonsaults and all kinds. Think that was his only shot and he's at a Comic Con today.

Edited by Benno

The Victory Road '09 poster is the greatest PPV poster in the history of wrestling, well it isn't obviously but I've just seen it for the first time in years and Christ, the Beautiful People were/are fit

Just googled that natch, and what a stacked card that show had purely for name value

Top 4 matches of..

Nash vs Styles

Joe vs Sting

Booker/Steiner vs Beer Money

Angle vs Foley

Just 5 years ago....

• Paid Members

I think that is the standard when it comes to PPVs as well. I believe Victory Road is considered the worst PPV ever by a lot of people. I remember the Sting/Joe and the tag match finishes were both fucked up.

The star ratings for the matches were pretty bad.

1. Angelina Love vs. Tara: *1/4
2. Matt Morgan vs. Daniels: *
3. Abyss vs. Dr Stevie: *1/4
4. Team 3-D vs. Doug Williams & Brutus Magnus of the British Invasion: *
5. Jenna Morasca vs. Sharmell: -****
6. Kevin Nash vs. AJ Styles: *1/2
7. Scott Steiner & Booker T vs. Beer Money: *1/4
8. Samoa Joe vs. Sting: *1/2
9. Kurt Angle vs. Mick Foley: **1/2

Saying that, Victory Road 2011 wasn't that much better.

1. Tommy Dreamer vs. Bully Ray: *1/2
2. Sarita & Rosita vs. Angelina Love & Winter: DUD
3. Hernandez vs. Matt Morgan: DUD
4. Kazarian vs. Robbie E, Max Buck and Jeremy Buck: **1/2
5. Robert Roode & James Storm vs. Shannon Moore & Jesse Neal: **3/4
6. AJ Styles vs. Matt Hardy: ***1/4
7. Mr Anderson vs. Rob Van Dam: *1/4
8. Sting vs. Jeff Hardy: -*

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Fun house show in Leeds tonight, wasn't planning to go, but scored 2 floor seats for £35 a piece. Eden did a great job and seems as great as she was on NXT, so i see a good future for her. Match of the night had to go to the Usos vs The Dusts, just a fun back and forth action packed match. Reaction for Ambrose was huge given the small crowd (LOTS of empty seats tonight compared to the last time i did a WWE show there this time last year). Ryback got a good reaction too, and the crowd was eating him up. So it seems the injury was possibly the best thing that could have happened to him. His return to 'no bullshit, no thrills babyface who smashes heels' is already begining to gan traction. If they handle it right they could end up getting him over huge again.

• Paid Members

Stuck for something to do for half an hour earlier I watched a random Memphis TV show from 1985. Brilliant stuff, of course. But it set me thinking that what the Network should be doing is programming weekly TV, in regular slots, and you watch as it unfolds, like it was intended to.

• Paid Members

Kind of like how they show Raw in order on a near daily basis?

He's talking about showing old TV weekly like they did so well on that 24/7 channel they had. Nice idea but hard to follow it all without giving up my job and signing on.

• Paid Members

Kind of, but with the timescales intact. So if they start with, let's say, 1982, they show the weekly TV shows that aired that week in that year. The next episode is a week later, no skipping!