Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Moderators

Nick Hogan turned out to be the first male celebrity to get pictures leaked via the recent hacking scandal. Among pictures of a lot of ex girlfriends and Big Show getting his arse out, there were a couple of his mum pointing her bikini arse at the lens. Someone made the connection that one of the close-ups of a fanny had identical fingernails to Linda, (though I don't buy that at all) and then Crazy Days and Nights, a celebrity gossip blog, posted this blind item about an unnamed celebrity family:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2014/10/todays-blind-items-incest.html

Monday, October 06, 2014
Today's Blind Items- Incest

One day, I suspect when the father of the family passes away there will be a book written which will describe all of the goings on inside the family and it will probably be written by the mom. She seems the closest to breaking ranks right now. The only thing holding these people together is they all desire fame more than anything and realize if anyone discovers their story, that fame will become infamy and none of them will have a career or make money for the rest of their lives. It all started with the father. The biggest celebrity in the family. He would be on the road and started having sex with progressively younger women who looked like his wife and then one day it just happened. He started having sex with his daughter. The mom knew, and didn't stop him, and when she started molesting her son it seemed to give the whole thing her approval. Apparently the mom never had sex with her son, but did molest him and at one point as he grew older he did try and have sex with her, but she had moved on and was trying to heal and was disgusted that her husband had basically left her for their daughter. Neither of the kids has had anything close to a normal sexual relationship. Their exes tell a tale of performance issues and crazy festishes and the daughter is out of control when it comes to being punished to the point she has scared off boyfriends. There was a crack in the armor a few months ago and the entire family panicked and rallied together to make sure nothing leaked and also to ensure that it never came that close again. The problem they are having is that crack in the armor whispered to someone else and now the whole thing might come tumbling down in the next few weeks.

It's almost certainly bollocks, but people always made jokes about the incest vibe of the Hogans, what with pictures of Hulk oiling up Brooke's arse, or his tweeting about her sexy legs, or the fact he and Linda both date way younger people who look exactly like their kids. Didn't Nick pull his sisters top down in the Hogan Knows Best opening credits? And this celebrity gossip blog is almost always spot-on, with a lot of their blind items coming out in the wash as true down the road.

It did make me wonder though, just how ravaged the WWE library would be if Hogan ever did get outed in the kind of scandal that gets TOTP edited so that the sight of Dave Lee Travis doesn't offend people. If that happened, they might as well cancel the Network on the spot.

• Paid Members

It did make me wonder though, just how ravaged the WWE library would be if Hogan ever did get outed in the kind of scandal that gets TOTP edited so that the sight of Dave Lee Travis doesn't offend people. If that happened, they might as well cancel the Network on the spot.

I was thinking about that yesterday hearing the story on the news about TOTP episodes featuring Dave Lee Travis being mothballed. WWE have shows on their network featuring a double murderer. Also, when they edited out of stuff, people complained on-line.

Is the BBC being overly sensitive (they apologised for showing a Tweenies episode that had a character dressed like Saville) or are morale standards just supremely low amongst wrestling, as per? Both, probably.

Edited by tiger_rick

Last night, one of my friends started posting on Facebook, annoyed at being forced to watch wrestling by her boyfriend, and compared wrestling to Strictly Come Dancing. This included her posting footage of Aries vs Joe and saying they were performing pasodoble. It's made me think about the rumours of Bischoff wanting to do a show where the performance was judged and awarded points, similar to how these dance shows are judged now.

Got me wondering if something like this could work in the current era? It would be extremely exposing to the business but I reckon it would be entertaining, perhaps even interesting. It could follow a similar format to Strictly, with veterans working with celebrities or maybe something be more akin to TUF or Tough Enough with aspiring wrestlers and indie guys competing against each other with veterans as judges.

I mainly like this idea because it struck me that you could make weekly challenges from the likes of "You have 90 seconds of promo time and a 7 minute match on this weeks show. Your aim is to increase interest in this months PPV." or "One of you needs to take time off. Work an injury angle into your much and sell it as believable to the fans." etc.

Watch British bootcamp. At York hall they had the strictly/X factor setup. Judges Gail Kim, joe and Al Snow on the stage. Had a match then went to the comments from the judges. Not sure they had a camera covering judges reactions but they surely did. Al snows face was a picture when there was a dive 30 seconds into the Travis/mark Andrews match. Someone thinks it will work.

• Moderators

I was thinking about that yesterday hearing the story on the news about TOTP episodes featuring Dave Lee Travis being mothballed. WWE have shows on their network featuring a double murderer. Also, when they edited out of stuff, people complained on-line.

Is the BBC being overly sensitive (they apologised for showing a Tweenies episode that had a character dressed like Saville) or are morale standards just supremely low amongst wrestling, as per? Both, probably.

The BBC are backed into a corner where they kinda have to edit stuff out, or the Daily Mail and the like will immediately pounce and make a story out of how they didn't.

The Benoit issue is one thing, but if the WWE's biggest ever icon, and immortal symbol of purity suddenly became part of a Savile-type scandal, I can't even think how that could be gotten around without trashing most of their iconic moments and events.

I'd think Vince and his family would be the last people to want to point fingers, considering the rumours about their family closeness over the years.  Add in the wife-swapping and you've got some seriously close ties there.

• Paid Members

Last night, one of my friends started posting on Facebook, annoyed at being forced to watch wrestling by her boyfriend, and compared wrestling to Strictly Come Dancing. This included her posting footage of Aries vs Joe and saying they were performing pasodoble. It's made me think about the rumours of Bischoff wanting to do a show where the performance was judged and awarded points, similar to how these dance shows are judged now.

Got me wondering if something like this could work in the current era? It would be extremely exposing to the business but I reckon it would be entertaining, perhaps even interesting. It could follow a similar format to Strictly, with veterans working with celebrities or maybe something be more akin to TUF or Tough Enough with aspiring wrestlers and indie guys competing against each other with veterans as judges.

I mainly like this idea because it struck me that you could make weekly challenges from the likes of "You have 90 seconds of promo time and a 7 minute match on this weeks show. Your aim is to increase interest in this months PPV." or "One of you needs to take time off. Work an injury angle into your much and sell it as believable to the fans." etc.

Alex Shane had a similar idea not so long back, around the time of the FWA re-launch and the show(s) at the Old Vic.

• Paid Members

One day, I suspect when the father of the family passes away there will be a book written which will describe all of the goings on inside the family and it will probably be written by Stuart Millard.

I'd buy it for sure.

A lot of stuff is made about Hogan oiling his daughters arse, but he's an 80s wrestler. Like Vince, I'm sure its a case of he has little idea what is acceptable in society. Like Vince wanting to do a storyline where he fathers his daughters child or Roddy Piper still having a man servant in 2014. I just dont think these people have ever been apart of normal life and have no idea what is going on.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Got me wondering if something like this could work in the current era?

No. The market for a show where Val Venis critiques someone's armbar crispness is so small that it would really only work as a Yewtree sting operation to catch paedophiles with BARB boxes. 

Edited by King Pitcos

No. The market for a show where Val Venis critiques someone's armbar crispness is so small that it would really only work as a Yewtree sting operation to catch paedophiles with BARB boxes.
Haha!

If we're talking gimmick TV concepts, I'd like to see a quiz show where the two winners have a wrestling match with the winner of that earning a cash prize and a coveted trophy.

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members

Haha!

If we're talking gimmick TV concepts, I'd like to see a quiz show where the two winners have a wrestling match with the winner of that earning a cash prize and a coveted trophy.

There are no winners in that scenario.

• Paid Members

Watch British bootcamp. At York hall they had the strictly/X factor setup. Judges Gail Kim, joe and Al Snow on the stage. Had a match then went to the comments from the judges. Not sure they had a camera covering judges reactions but they surely did. Al snows face was a picture when there was a dive 30 seconds into the Travis/mark Andrews match. Someone thinks it will work.

Is it online?

• Paid Members

Is it online?

I’d be amazed if it was—it hasn’t been broadcast yet.

• Awards Moderator

I was thinking about that yesterday hearing the story on the news about TOTP episodes featuring Dave Lee Travis being mothballed.

Pre-Yewtree I was loving a weekly dose of 35 year old Top of the Pops. Now it's on about every 6 weeks because of rotating appearances by Savile and DLT :(