Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Got a horrible feeling that Paige will drop the title to Nikki tomorrow night just to set up Nikki Vs Brie for HIAC. I really think that Paige is like a breath of fresh air to the Divas division. Speaking of the Bella's anyone else noticed how WWE fail to mention about their past feud? Once again WWE is trying to convince people that it's a first.

This NOC PPV will be the last ever PPV to air on Sky Sports. It's like an end of an era in a way.

Edited by Lemon Juice

• Paid Members

Once again WWE is trying to convince people that it's a first.

I really don’t get what your problem with that is? It’s hardly going to sell a match by saying, “Oh, they’ve fought before.” Brock Lesnar and John Cena had fought before SummerSlam this year, but WWE did a good job of making it look like a fresh match and a must-watch.

I dare say if WWE had said they had fought before you’d have gone, “Oh, way to sell a match, WWE!” Just enjoy it. WWE would need a constantly revolving roster for every match to be a first.

WWE would need a constantly revolving roster for every match to be a first.

Going off on a slight tangent here but I think this is definitely another problem for WWE these days. Wrestlers being around for 10+ years is the norm whereas pre-2000 you'd have wrestlers on the roster for less than half that which meant that you didn't see the same matches rehashed year after year.

I remember one of the key reasons why they ended the Raw/Smackdown brand split was because they didn't have enough star power. I think they've got enough to split the two again now. It may remedy the situation somewhat?

Edited by Undefeated Steak

Speaking of the Bella's anyone else noticed how WWE fail to mention about their past feud? Once again WWE is trying to convince people that it's a first.

It's not about 'convincing' people it's a first, it's about making it feel like a match that needs to be seen. Can you imagine if they built up the match between Matt and Jeff Hardy at WM25, only to then say "oh by the way, this happened in 2000 as well". Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Watching WWE for the first time in ages (WWE Superstars on Sky) and can’t believe crowds are still chanting “WHAT?!” after over ten years. Stone Cold only used that catchphrase for about a year during and just after the Alliance storyline, didn’t he?

Watching WWE for the first time in ages (WWE Superstars on Sky) and can’t believe crowds are still chanting “WHAT?!” after over ten years. Stone Cold only used that catchphrase for about a year during and just after the Alliance storyline, didn’t he?

Interesting point; I wonder if everyone chanting even realises the origin of the chant.

• Paid Members

Damien Sandow as The Miz's stunt double is a great idea - much better than the random dress-up gimmick Sandow was doing (for no explained reason that I recall), there's plenty of opportunity for laughs, and Miz's character is perfect for the addition of a patsy/second/interference guy.

What I don't like is the name. Why is he called "Damien Mizdow"? Why would a stunt double put the name of the actor he's doubling for into his own name? Makes no sense.