Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Apparently, Jericho, Christian and Trish came up with most of that angle themselves. It's strange that we don't hear more stories of wrestlers being pro-active with creative ideas. As shown in that story, it can yield great results, and creative can't be arsed to do their job and actually come up with interesting things, they might appreciate wrestlers doing that and making less work for them.

Wrestling is fucked up though - you'll get a hard time for not putting ideas forward, yet I bet you get a hard time for not keeping your ears open and your mouth shut.

Further, I'm sure the guys that put ideas forward have probably seen it used by/for someone else.

• Paid Members

Yeah I reckon in such a politically charged atmosphere, for every writer who'd appreciate that, there's probabaly two who'll think "who's this fucker telling me how to do my job" and the idea gets buried.

The ideas might just be shite too. Court Bauer brought on his podcast how JTG kept pitching a Joker gimmick to him and wouldn't let it go despite how obviously terrible it was.

• Paid Members

Well, the day has come: 200+ VHS tapes going out to the bin:

y1lu.jpg

There goes WWF, WCW, TNA (the complete first 2 years' weekly PPV run), ROH (the entire 2002-2004 run), every MLW show, CZW, (every show from 2001-2005), NJPW, IWA Mid-South, PWG, XPW, ZERO-1, random JAPW shows, and probably a load more too.

There's a load more to go too (FWA, more NJPW, NOAH, AJPW and FMW), but there's some stuff on there that I'm going to transfer to DVD first.

Sad times, but they take up space, I haven't watched them in years and in this digital age they are pretty much obsolete and they have virtually no sale value. Should've done it years ago.

• Paid Members

I just couldn't do it. Despite my desperate need for more space, I just couldn't do it.

I know I may never re-watch half the videos I have, especially the one's I have more than one copy of across different formats, but I just couldn't bin them. I put it down to being a massive spastic.

• Moderators

The Twitter thing is like when James Blunt started replying to trolls and everyone was all "Brilliant! Blunt's a legend!" even though none of his insults were remotely funny. Just the fact he was replying was enough. Any regular person with shit burns like that would be scalded for being rubbish. Ryback's fake laughter when he made terrible jokes on commentary was one of the worst moments of the year so far, the fang-toothed, clumsily dangerous fuck.

• Moderators
The jokes are supposed to be terrible. His whole gimmick is that he's this big goofy high school bully. It's why JBL always says on commentary he's got a "million dollar body but a 25 cent brain".

Terrible as in unentertaining. I know most people aren't genuinely thinking "LOL! Get this guy on the stand-up circuit!" It's X-Pac heat as far as I'm concerned; FFWD material. I just think he's bad in the role, and such an unconvincing actor it doesn't even seem like he's into it. He's dead behind the eyes.

Every time he comes out and does his thing, his eyes look like they're thinking "I thought I was going to be the new Cena. Now look at me, calling Lilian Garcia a horse and posting videos of me driving around :( Next time I concuss someone I'll be off to the indies"

Edited by Astro Hollywood