Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I'm amazed he's still going. His knees must be buggered beyond all reason by now. When he took that break and came back really slim (for him) people we talking about it prolonging his career by a few years. That must be nearly a decade ago now.

After recently watching the Randy Orton Documentary he did on his DVD set which was excellently produced. I've started proper bumming off Orton and thinking he is the best thing about the WWE. Anyway I haven't properly seen any WWE for the last 12 months after Over The Limit 2012 left a rather sour taste in my mouth. Anyway can anybody tell me any good Orton stuff to check out from the recent few months? I've heard alot of good things about him and especially his match at Extreme Rules.

Because when he did coast he was punished with being jobbed to everyone and being sent to OVW.

Thought that was for his weight, not the quality of his wrestling matches?He came back slim in early '08, so yeah over 5 years ago now. Funny how they still bill him at that "441 pounds" even though he clearly stacked the beef back on.Orton has been great for ages, I'd like to see him in a meaningful feud rather than the half-hearted deal going on with the Shield. It's been Team Hell No and interchangeable main event guy (others have been Ryback and Sheamus) against the Shield. He needs a meaningful singles program.Even though they had a feud recently, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him feud with Del Rio over the world title. They work well in the ring and Del Rio seems re-energised as a heel.

I'm amazed he's still going. His knees must be buggered beyond all reason by now. When he took that break and came back really slim (for him) people we talking about it prolonging his career by a few years. That must be nearly a decade ago now.

I think the tour bus has made life on the road a lot easier for him as well, and probably added another couple of years or so onto his career.

No biggie, but whenever my soon-to-be two year old sees Ian's sig, he always offers a knowing grin and utters "Dush". He may not be with us any longer, but that guy can still command an audience.Ps, never change that sig Ian.

Edited by ThumpSquids

• Paid Members

No biggie, but whenever my soon-to-be two year old sees Ian's sig, he always offers a knowing grin and utters "Dush". He may not be with us any longer, but that guy can still command an audience.Ps, never change that sig Ian.

He's wearing the WWF belt as well, so it gives more evidence that Crush holding the title could have attracted a crowd.

It was actually a somewhat significant part of the Invasion storyline IIRC, Torrie being the first WCW wrestler to defect to WWF because she'd fallen head over heels for the little bastard. Also, it indirectly led to the Lingerie match at No Mercy with Stacy Keibler, which was a *ahem* technical classic.

Best thing about that match(aside from the ladies obviously) is the commentary from JR and Paul Heyman, in fact they were probably the best thing about the whole Invasion storyline.