Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
How did they react to babyface Lex Luger? I remember him getting a lot of cheers in there when he was heel.

By the time Luger actually wrestled a match on Raw after his turn they had moved out of the Manhattan Center and were on the road in the usual medium-sized venues full of kids in Bumfuck, PA.

• Paid Members
Tomorrow marks 10 years since the FWA vs. ROH 'Frontiers of Honor' show at York Hall, Bethnal Green.

Is that worthy of a thread? There was some cracking discussion of the Revival and GWF shows. Early 2000s BritWres discussion is always fun.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Tomorrow marks 10 years since the FWA vs. ROH 'Frontiers of Honor' show at York Hall, Bethnal Green.

Is that worthy of a thread? There was some cracking discussion of the Revival and GWF shows. Early 2000s BritWres discussion is always fun.

Yeah, probably.

Consider it done.

Slipped my mind to inform people, but the website is currently down. This is because it still looks like a Geocities webpage from 1999, so I'm having someone look at it and fix it up. It'll hopefully be fixed soon, until then enjoy Wrestlecrap.com or TheWrestlingFan.com

Maffew just posted this on the Facebook page, so don't worry it should be back up soon.

Slipped my mind to inform people, but the website is currently down. This is because it still looks like a Geocities webpage from 1999, so I'm having someone look at it and fix it up. It'll hopefully be fixed soon, until then enjoy Wrestlecrap.com or TheWrestlingFan.com

Maffew just posted this on the Facebook page, so don't worry it should be back up soon.

Cheers

• Paid Members
How did they react to babyface Lex Luger? I remember him getting a lot of cheers in there when he was heel.

By the time Luger actually wrestled a match on Raw after his turn they had moved out of the Manhattan Center and were on the road in the usual medium-sized venues full of kids in Bumfuck, PA.

Speaking of Luger, I just watched his post-WM9 match with Crush and why wasn't I made aware of this match before? I don't remember it from first time round. It's an absolute blinder aside from the Doink-affected finish.

I know Crush doesn't get much love and neither does Luger for his WWF run, but this is a great match. Here it is:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLJGqSB3M7U

Speaking of Luger, I just watched his post-WM9 match with Crush and why wasn't I made aware of this match before? I don't remember it from first time round. It's an absolute blinder aside from the Doink-affected finish.

I know Crush doesn't get much love and neither does Luger for his WWF run, but this is a great match. Here it is:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLJGqSB3M7U

It's great, a big favourite of mine. Was quite pleased to read someone else give it a mention on here last week too.

Like Doink during that same 2-3 month period, I wish neither of them turned.

• Paid Members
I remember Royal Rumble 94 when Crush and Diesel teamed to give Doink a good kicking. Fans booed. After the 1993 poor Crush had at the hands of Doink, I couldn't have been the only one thinking "you deserve this, you cunt".

Same here! The Doink-Crush storyline was brilliant, actually, and it had no right to be so. Especially when he twatted him with his cast.

The crowds in the early days of Monday Night Raw were brutal. Here's Brutus breaking his heart talking about how his wife left him, his mother died of cancer, his Dad died of a heart attack and his face got crushed, someone yells out "kill yourself". Harsh bastards.

4:34

Christ, what a fucking awful promo.

• Paid Members
Has any wrestler been dealt with not one but two finishers as shite as the cranium 'crush' and heart punch though?

Cena?

tumblr_m933a4umsK1ruiv8h.gif

• Paid Members
Brutus delivers lines like he's describing something particularly interesting that happened in the pub the other night. He's always like "AAAH ... man ... let me tell you something ... whooaah!!!". His voice tone varies in a single sentence.

During the promo I mentioned earlier from Hogan, when Beefcake comes out he basically just repeats what Hogan has said. He looks a right idiot. Jimmy Hart coming out got a bigger reception.