Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I may be either a) re-hashing old ground here, or b) breaking some unspoken rule not to mention it as I never see it come up, and apologise if either of those is the case, but having just watched it for the first time in ages... my God how offensively smarky is Wrestle Talk TV??

Story about Chris Jericho failing an attempt at a stage dive at a Fozzy gig shoehorned in awkwardly entirely as a set up to make a "lol Sin Cara was supposed to be there to catch him but was out of position lol lol"

Segment on CM Punk ending with "OMG it'll be so horrible when they make him job to Taker at Wrestlemania I'll probably kill myself"

Numerous references to "Bryan Danielson...well Daniel Bryan or whatever"

And that fucking caption thing? A fairly standard photo of Antonio Cesaro doing the Karelin lift to Kofi Kingston that is next to impossible to really come up with a "funny meme" for, again used entirely as a set-up for a "RoH guys carrying WWE wrestlers yet again lol lol"

And searching for the tweets under the official hashtag.... "OMG it makes me so sad to see [my close personal buddy obviously so we use real names] Rami Sebei as El Generico on #WTTV cos WWE are totally ruining him I may cry"

Jesus Christ... Still, I suppose it shows they know their audience...

Edited by Statto

• Paid Members
Sounds awful. This is on TV you say? I feel like I need to check it out out of morbid curiosity.

It's on Challenge TV. There's a big thread about it somewhere that is well worth a read if you want a good laugh. Especially look out for Butch mauling Dean Ayass again.

Here's the thread:- http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=130896

Edited by Gladstone Small

Statto, were those things genuinely in the show? These are men of about forty or fifty!

What Statto said was pretty much word for word what they said on the show. I thought i'd give it another chance. Set looks better. Only thing that cracked me up though was the Lennon/Hogan interview in a hotel where the set had a massive gap in the middle where you could see a guy eating his breakfast and just staring at the camera. But still, not a fan of Joel or Lennon, it is an incredibly smarky show rather than a news show. And lennon in his interview with Hogan saying stuff like 'I dont wish to start an argument with you and Bret but basically he said etc etc etc...'

• Paid Members

Yeah, they were. I coincidentally happened to catch it too. The caption thing was truly pathetic, as was the pretending not to quite know their WWE names but know their previous names on the indies. Really fucking embarrassing. The questions to Hogan were rubbish and Hulk continually took the piss that they called their interview segment Breakfast and didn't provide him with any. Hulk was class. Watching it feels like you're back in 2004 watching TWC. Reminds me of why I enjoy coming here and that generally most of the fans here don't fit that horrible stigma that this show ticks all the boxes of. I think it would infuriate you Pitcos, yet you'd love it in equal measure for the material it would provide.

It's just soo bad. I know generally wrestling fans are geeky sad child-men with an overinflated sense of importance, and a stunning lack of self-awareness, but do we have to flag it up so obviously with a TV show like this?

• Paid Members

Patrick Lennon really is utterly, utterly awful. I mean, if you're going to have a wrestling show for the barricade slappers, by all means, but can't you find someone who can sit still for more than half a second and doesn't look and sound like he's been dragged in from Billingsgate Fish Market?

• Paid Members

I've never caught a full episode but I've flicked over to it a couple of times. It's not for the casual WWE fan for sure but I enjoyed it as a bit of harmless fun and enjoyed the novelty of seeing such a show dedicated to wrestling on the telly. And one of the girls on it is rather nice which is a plus. Patrick Lennon is an irritating wee prick though, I'll give you fellas that.