Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Just watched Bret Hart's WWF Championship match against Razor Ramon from the 1993 Royal Rumble - a bout that didn't make the cut for either of his 'best of' DVDs. Despite being over 20 years old, that match is better than any of CM Punk's title defences. Shows how brilliant the Hitman was in that ring.

Edited by AshC

Just watched Bret Hart's WWF Championship match against Razor Ramon from the 1993 Royal Rumble - a bout that didn't make the cut for either of his 'best of' DVDs. Despite being over 20 years old, that match is better than any of CM Punk's title defences. Shows how brilliant the Hitman was in that ring.

Anybody know whether the new DVD is worth a buy? I love Bret, but remember feeling the match listing was a little underwhelming when it was announced.

Anybody know whether the new DVD is worth a buy? I love Bret, but remember feeling the match listing was a little underwhelming when it was announced.

If you like Bret Hart then it was worth a watch to see some of the rarer matches

• Paid Members

Talking of rare Bret Hart matches, I have to echo a sentiment Lister shared long ago and say that I really, really wish there was existing footage of the match Bret had with Tom Magee that made Vince want to sign the guy. When you consider how useless he apparently turned out to be, it must have been a masterpiece of a carry-job from Bret. Would love to have seen that.

• Moderators

It was probably shite in all fairness. In Bret Hart's world it was amazing, but it was more than likely awful but everyone went up to Bret, WITH TEARS IN THEIR EYES, and said "That's the best match I've ever, ever, ever, ever, ever seen".

Anyway, better thrown together short term tag teams than Dustin Rhodes and BW. GO!

EDIT: Hector Garza has started following me on twitter. FUCK YOU!

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
It was probably shite in all fairness. In Bret Hart's world it was amazing, but it was more than likely awful but everyone went up to Bret, WITH TEARS IN THEIR EYES, and said "That's the best match I've ever, ever, ever, ever, ever seen".

But clearly Vince thought it was great too, otherwise he wouldn't have signed him, no?

• Paid Members
But clearly Vince thought it was great too, otherwise he wouldn't have signed him, no?

Yep. "That's my next champion!", he is said to have hollered to people backstage.

That match was in October of 86 and Magee was immediately hired and wrestled on the C-shows until July of 87, winning nearly every match. Curiously he appears to have lost to Terry Gibbs early in if recorded results are accurate, in spite of defeating him in their other 15 matches.

• Paid Members

Watching the 'Best Of Raw & Smackdown 2011' DVD set and, whilst i'm thoroughly enjoying it, Micheal Cole's commentary is fucking atrocious during this period.

Case in point, Alberto Del Rio vs Daniel Bryan, right after Alberto had won the title and Bryan had won MITB. The match is great but is fucked by Cole practically shouting over everyone else at the booth; shouting about how 'nerdy' Bryan is, shouting about how 'boring' Bryan is, shouting about how he doesn't support the good guys, calling out Booker T, using terms like 'babyface' and other insider lingo, never actually talking about the match in progress...just a highly annoying brat. And not in a 'heel' way but in an 'I genuinely dislike this man and want him off my screen' way.

Just watching the video of Vince/Triple H presenting Mae Young with a divas title for her birthday (http://www.wwe.com/videos/mr-mcmahon-triple-h-give-mae-young-a-birthday-present-wwecom-exclusive-march-4-2-26096291) and noticed Vince has his old hair style back! Any time I've seen him over the past few years (since the head-shaving with Trump) he's had a shorter crew-cut style that just looked totally wrong. I've never been so happy at a hairstyle before.