Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I know there's one or two decent people working there, but it otherwise comes across as a vanity project for knobheads.

Doesn't shock me to see them knicking other people's content either when it's almost entirely funded by a clickbait website entirely based around that.

Adam Bomb never really got to beat any old fucker did he. Every one of the 4 people at school still watching loved him, and he had some fucking brilliant gear when he turned face (not in this video sadly). Kevin Nash's parallel rise up the card well and truly fucked his chances.

• Paid Members

Adam Bomb never really got to beat any old fucker did he. Every one of the 4 people at school still watching loved him, and he had some fucking brilliant gear when he turned face (not in this video sadly). Kevin Nash's parallel rise up the card well and truly fucked his chances.

I was a big fan of Bomb. A huge guy who could move was unique at that time. The gimmick was really limiting. It wasn't a main event name or backstory which was a shame because at the very least he would have made a good challenger to Bret Hart and a good WM opponent for Taker. I really liked him as Wrath after the Karate angle ended. It's a pity he wasn't similarly used in WWF in 1993. Fair point on Diesel but he wasn't really ready for another year. There was a window of opportunity with Bryan Clark.

2016 is bonkers isn't it. It feels like a payoff to things happening in the background the last 3 years or so with NXT, WWE's more flexible approach in general, and TNA's unending descent somehow harvesting arguably the character of the year in the industry. For me personally, having Chris Jericho, Matt Hardy and The Usos as three of my favourite acts in the game was absolutely unthinkable, and I mean a complete 180 from what I previously thought of any of them. Utterly detested seeing any of them shit up the show. And in Nakamura, a Japanese wrestler I'd never seen until March this year is my favourite thing in wrestling and already one of my all-time favourite wrestlers. Broadly speaking, no matter how talented he is, the ascent of AJ Styles is remarkable and unprecidented. And importantly sets a new and more exciting template for future wrestlers than they've had for donkeys. The 03-13ish period of horrific talent development looks even worse by today's standards. Rightly or wrongly, it doesn't half look like John Lauranitis made an endless fucking cock-up of things in his job.

The other side of the coin obviously is the old debate of no stars and a world-beating midcard, but then I suppose it's one battle at a time.