Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Not going to lie, if I ran a wrestling promotion my big show every year would have Phil Collins' "Something Happened On The Way To Heaven" as its theme song.

Yeah, really has the "Big Fight" vibe to it during the bits with no vocals. Good choice.

Not going to lie, if I ran a wrestling promotion my big show every year would have Phil Collins' "Something Happened On The Way To Heaven" as its theme song.

Didn't the original, original Wrestlemania broadcast have the instrumental of Easy Lover by big Phil as its theme music? I'm pretty sure there was a version of it floating about on YouTube.

• Moderators

That was my theme as a child. Those trumpets, man. Just wow...

Great shout but they would need to promote Mauro Ranallo. Can only imagine his and Vince's voice running down the card to that.

We Are Young by Fun was great for Mania 28, and particularly the first Rock/Cena match. It captured the weird Adulthood vs Childhood Catcher in the Rye vibe that ran through that feud, which Pitcos once brilliantly articulated as everyone needing to 'have a word with themselves' about liking The Rock's promos when they were kids after hearing the shite he came out with against Cena.

Agreed on Written In The Stars actually.

I had to go back to check what 21's was, and it was another song called Big Time but not by Peter Gabriel. I like to think it was a cock up.

Wrestling and shit taste in music go hand in hand though, just look at the music threads on here. Mostly all shit metal stuff.

Yeah, I really can't get behind the vast majority of UKFF's music taste. Some right bilge. Edited by Sphinx

I was made up when Big Time by Peter Gabriel was the theme for Wrestlemania 22 and hoped Vince had made it out of the woods and was going through some sort of 1980's Liverpool scal phase. Could have had Pink Floyd, Supertramp and Talking Heads for the next few years if that had turned out right.

I'd rather the shit nu metal to the shit hip hop and weird soft rock hop don't even know what to call it shit they use these days. That was the sound of wrestling when I first got into it in 2000-2002 and its stuck that way for me.

Wrestling sounded like Puddle Of Mudd, we all played Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 and Sky One was full of dark fantasy heroines.

WrestleMania XXX was the last great example of popular music I can remember. The Eminem videos were fantastic.

Someone should really do a HHH Tribute video to Sledgehammer.

I love that song. I love Peter Gabriel. He gave me a mental horn when I saw him live on the Growing Up tour.

I like Genesis.

I like Spitting Image.

Defo. And a Michaels one to 'Ain't That a Kick in the Head' by Deano.

• Moderators

Wrestling sounded like Puddle Of Mudd, we all played Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 and Sky One was full of dark fantasy heroines.

No we all didn't, and I certainly didn't watch them. I was playing Championship Manager and watching Teachers. I hated Puddle of Mudd too.

Edited by PowerButchi