Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

If you get in touch with Rudo Reels, they were doing ROH Complete Year sets on BluRay. Certain they had 2002-2005 and 2006 was split into two different sets (due to an increased number of shows that year)

How much were they going for dude? Wouldn't mind picking some of those up if they are still going. Almost ordered from Rudo Reels a couple of times but being from America the price per Blu Ray with shipping has always put me off slightly. That being said they are fairly reasonable compared to other places. Still, I'm a tightwad.
I honestly can't remember, sorry pal. I want to say they were about $25 per set, but don't quote me on that. They don't list them on the normal page, you have to contact either by email or over twitter

Would be a steal at that price. I'll drop them an email.

I should be clear, I mean they were $25 for each year set. I just realised that I wrote "2002-2005" which could be read that that was one set as opposed to the four sets it actually is. It's been well over a year since I saw them advertise it on twitter, but it's worth dropping them a line. They also did year sets of ECW Hardcore TV, also on BluRay

• Paid Members

Kevin Owens' Pop-up Powerbomb looks dogshit when he does it on anybody bigger than him, which is most guys on the main roster. Owens is a fatty, but not a powerful looking one. He's a believable brawler, but that move often looks so contrived it's just proper business-exposing.

• Paid Members

Everyone jizzed over that Dragon Gate tag at the time. I thought it was a huge pile of wank. I'd be surprised if the people who loved it at the time still got the same enjoyment out of it.

Yeah, I was really into ROH and cruiserweight wrestling at the time and I thought it was an overrated spot fest. Likewise, can't see it standing up 10 years on.

It was just a Dragon Gate match. A high end one of course, but I was in the building for it and people were losing their minds but it was more because it was so unique. I was shocked it got a full 5 stars, but it did create a big atmosphere. I honestly preferred the Generation Next tag on that show.

I remember thinking at the time that it was simply a case of people not having seen DG before. I was heavily into it at the time, and the RoH match, when I finally got round to seeing it, was just a standard DG six-man sprint - not even one of their better ones.

Kevin Owens' Pop-up Powerbomb looks dogshit when he does it on anybody bigger than him, which is most guys on the main roster. Owens is a fatty, but not a powerful looking one. He's a believable brawler, but that move often looks so contrived it's just proper business-exposing.

I'm sure people will be as sick of me saying it as that guy in the TNA thread sticking up for them, but yes. I agree 100%.

• Paid Members

What would be a good one for him, though?

I was wondering about that when I made that post. Ideally a character like his shouldn't have anything that pops the crowd like a fancy powerbomb, he should have something slightly dirty or underhanded, or at least something ugly. They really don't do this sort of thing any more, but he'd be a good candidate for an old school loaded glove or elbow gimmick, or something like Regal's brass knucks in his shorts.

• Paid Members

Surely just a good, ruggedd powerbomb would do the trick. Get rid of the pop up and there you go

Surely just a good, ruggedd powerbomb would do the trick. Get rid of the pop up and there you go

• Paid Members

It might be a weak looking finisher, but so is the People's Elbow. Like the latter, I think they've built up the pop up powerbomb pretty well, as soon as he hits it it's pretty much over. Thats the impact it has on me anyway.

A Rock Bottom type move would be good for him or maybe Bubba's version of the side slam. Problem is, he does quite a few big/power moves as near falls, so it needs to be something that either looks more impressive or is a more powerful moves than them.

It might be a weak looking finisher, but so is the People's Elbow. Like the latter, I think they've built up the pop up powerbomb pretty well, as soon as he hits it it's pretty much over. Thats the impact it has on me anyway.

I don't think it's the powerbomb itself that's the issue, more the pop up set up.

He could switch it to a Tiger bomb (pedigree underhook style into powerbomb) or something similar.

I was watching the Elimination Chamber match he had with Cena yesterday and that Avalanche type move that Nova/Sheamus/Big Show used to do that he sometimes does off the top could work out. There's a moment where he catches Cena off the ropes and swings him round from a powerslam type position into it. Looked ace and doesn't require any sort of gymnastic hijinks from the opponent. 

Edited by Cannibal Man

I should be clear, I mean they were $25 for each year set. I just realised that I wrote "2002-2005" which could be read that that was one set as opposed to the four sets it actually is. It's been well over a year since I saw them advertise it on twitter, but it's worth dropping them a line. They also did year sets of ECW Hardcore TV, also on BluRay

Haha I thought you meant yearly anyway mate. It's still extremely cheap.