Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Showstopper

Please tell me that's not what you're calling Big Show's chokeslam just because it was called that in a CAW menu on one of the games about 15 years ago.

It was on more than just one of the games, but I'm almost certain I heard them refer to it as that on commentary around 2000, 2001.

What were WWF playing at with Shot Gun Saturday Night? The shittest Indy in Britain had better lighting than these shows. They looked horrible. Like a down market ECW. It looked so minor league. Its like watching those Incredibly Strange Wrestling shows. Surely they didnt think filming shows from a nightclub with Todd Pettingill in a denim jacket was going to make the company "cool."

I liked the inital idea of 'Shotgun' but it was obviously one of those ideas that was awesome on paper but not executed correctly.

The show that took place in the train station (think that's right?) looked great. I always thought they'd done it in order to make them viewable to a wider audience.

I think if they'd kept away from the nightclubs and had the shows in more obscure places then it would have been way more successful.

Someome on Reddit has just into wrestling and was looking for a specific match he'd seen before.

"I was watching wrestling years ago and it was a zombie type character wrestling a sort of homeless guy character, to which the zombie guy almost killed him by throwing him off the cage. I honestly thought he died, my mother walked in and I was grounded. Does anyone know the name of him? I've searched ''homeless wrestler'' and "bearded wrestler" but none of them are him.

Please don't mock me for my knowledge, I'm sort of new to this."

A zombie character throwing a homeless character off a cage. You forget how insane wrestling is until a muggle starts asking questions about it.

• Paid Members

Taker wasn't really a zombi mid 98, and nothing he did screamed zombi did it? He was very much boarding on normal in 98 outside the magic he did with Kane. Before then and 99 I could see, but it was and odd year for him. I remember him turning up at the arena in his Levi's and fucking up a 6 man backstage brawl on a raw just to show him being all normal in 98.

Mick is, and always will, look like a tramp though.

Someome on Reddit has just into wrestling and was looking for a specific match he'd seen before.

"I was watching wrestling years ago and it was a zombie type character wrestling a sort of homeless guy character, to which the zombie guy almost killed him by throwing him off the cage. I honestly thought he died, my mother walked in and I was grounded. Does anyone know the name of him? I've searched ''homeless wrestler'' and "bearded wrestler" but none of them are him.

Please don't mock me for my knowledge, I'm sort of new to this."

A zombie character throwing a homeless character off a cage. You forget how insane wrestling is until a muggle starts asking questions about it.

You know a troll has done his job well when he gets a member from a different board to copy and paste his post.

Surely not the only one who finds it highly annoying when JBL (I think) is constantly referring to Fandango's win against Jericho being the biggest upset in Wrestlemania history during the majority of his matches!

Edited by Tb1158

I used to really like JBL on commentary during his first run, same with Stryker actually

I really wish people wouldn't do this. Matt Striker from WWE and NJPW World is NOT Matt Stryker from ROH's earlier days. I believe they did both participate in ROH but the commentator is not the same guy who won the Field of Honor in 2003.

• Paid Members

I used to really like JBL on commentary during his first run, same with Stryker actually

I really wish people wouldn't do this. Matt Striker from WWE and NJPW World is NOT Matt Stryker from ROH's earlier days. I believe they did both participate in ROH but the commentator is not the same guy who won the Field of Honor in 2003.

Stryke a light! He's right.