Preston City Wrestling - Festive Fury Supershow 09/12/12

fludder99

[

What announcement?

Mark posted in the Dragon Gate thread a couple of weeks ago stating that British wrestling aficionados should hold off making any commitments for June 1st just yet as there was an impending announcement from himself/Rev Pro etc that people would not want to miss!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was incredibly disappointed that Elgin and Eddie didn't make it to either show as they were the 2 imports I was most interested in and involved in the 2 matches I was looking forward to the most. What made it more frustrating was the fact one of my friends went to watch the same WXW show they were on the night before and both he and Zack made it back, so there was a big screw up somewhere with booking their flights as getting them to Preston in time for the afternoon show was proven to be possible.

I thought the afternoon show was pretty quiet atmosphere wise Travis / Lionheart and Dar / Hayes both had decent contests but the crowd just weren't giving them much back and I think it took away from what had potential to be really good matches. While the more comedy stuff got better responses, the atmosphere never really got that hot. Manson and Bubblegum had a great comedy match and good to see Manson adding in a couple of new spots into his act, I'm not into the Eugene character at all so his match didn't do much for me, it probably didn't help he was the replacement for what should have been Elgin vs Eddie. The Masterlock Challange was fun and they announced Lashly and that definitely isn't anyone I am interesting in seeing, but it didn't seem like many of the other people in the crowd did either. It was worth the

It's a sad state of affairs I suppose, but give me Scotty Steiner telling everyone to fuck off, over a 25 minute Wrestling clinic anyday!

I remember going to a WWA show in Sheffield about 10/11 years ago and Steiner cut a promo with the great line (and I'm paraphrasing slightly):

'Y'know, the most famous person to come out of Sheffield is Prince Naseem Hamed, and my dick's bigger then he is.'

Great line.

Yeh I did all I could with Elgin, Edwards and Moss.

Felix from WXW booked all the flights etc. He says the airline changed the flight without telling him from a direct to Manchester to one going via Hamburg though the direct flight still operated?!? I'm

I suppose next time if its your show that's going to suffer you'll take responsibility for booking the flights. Washing your hands of it is bullshit. Dissapoining, too much information. It was your fuck up.

I fail to see how "Felix, of WXW, booked the flights" makes it Fludder's fault. It's not like Morrison, where Fludder booked him and sorted the flights out himself. Had Morrison been used by anyone else and Fludder screwed up the flights, would you be saying it was their fault, or Fludder's?

All depends, with that Morrisson example if he had gone to Germany and the promtion had left it WXW to book the flights I would be blaming them not Fludder who flew him in in the first place. Edwards and Elgin were at FCP on Friday, flew out to Germany on the Saturday to Return on the Sunday. He should have made it his responsibilty to book the flights, making it clear he needed a direct one for them to make it in time he didn't. He left it to WXW and I think he should take some responsibilty for not taking responsibility in the first place.

Nevertheless the show more than made up for it and he should be very proud of himself and PCW.

All depends, with that Morrisson example if he had gone to Germany and the promtion had left it WXW to book the flights I would be blaming them not Fludder who flew him in in the first place. Edwards and Elgin were at FCP on Friday, flew out to Germany on the Saturday to Return on the Sunday. He should have made it his responsibilty to book the flights, making it clear he needed a direct one for them to make it in time he didn't. He left it to WXW and I think he should take some responsibilty for not taking responsibility in the first place.

Nevertheless the show more than made up for it and he should be very proud of himself and PCW.

I had agreed the arrival time and the exact flight prior to them being booked. It is not miss communication between anybody. If the airline changed the flight what can we do? Would that differ in any way if I booked them?

Note to fludder: this is the part where you announce to the fans at the venue on the night when the Steiners come over "the Steiner Brothers got stuck at the airport" only for them to arrive at the end of the show to murder everyone. Its what Eddie Graham would have done.

Must admit as excited I am to have them anything is possible with them and I just have to hope they arrive happy or anything could happen

Sorry, I take back what I said if its the airlines fault because that's out of everyones hands and the resposiblity of the airline alone. I read your post as blaming WXW not the airline. The confusing bit for me is they changed the direct flight, but the direct flight still operated. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

I was incredibly disappointed that Elgin and Eddie didn't make it to either show as they were the 2 imports I was most interested in and involved in the 2 matches I was looking forward to the most. What made it more frustrating was the fact one of my friends went to watch the same WXW show they were on the night before and both he and Zack made it back, so there was a big screw up somewhere with booking their flights as getting them to Preston in time for the afternoon show was proven to be possible.

Were you standing with Cobystag and Tyson SL? As there was a guy there who had comeback from the WXW show. Im assuming is the same guy?

Archived