Preston City Wrestling - Festive Fury Supershow 09/12/12

fludder99

Thats a bit crap really, If I had travelled for this show I would be gutted as the WWE guys were of little interest to me. Im sure it will still be a great show though.

Kind of funny after seeing the PCW facebook/twiiter going on about "we always deliver on our imports..." etc.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Obviously this is the hazard of sharing imports with FCP and WXW, though the latter take a fair amount of the cost I reckon. Being stuck in Germany is clearly unexpected. Flights must have been delayed or something.

Bit of an odd result having Noam Dar beat Joey Hayes. Joey Hayes is going to WWE so should be perceived to be the better wrestler than Noam Dar going with the logic if wrestling was real kerping to Kayfabe that WWE would want to hire the wrestler that wins more. This echoes for the night time show also if Lionheart beats Joey Hayes tonight it reads results wise that Noam Dar and Lionheart are better wrestlers than the guy that's going to WWE so doesn't make sense to me?

I suppose they could do it Dar beats Hayes to give Dar a rub saying you will be following me soon to WWE and have Hayes beat Lionheart and say that Lionheart pushed him to the limit on his last match before Lionheart retires but just came short and have Lionheart put Hayes over on the mic as the better man and bow out gracefully like he done at BCW?

Bit of an odd result having Noam Dar beat Joey Hayes. Joey Hayes is going to WWE so should be perceived to be the better wrestler than Noam Dar going with the logic if wrestling was real kerping to Kayfabe that WWE would want to hire the wrestler that wins more. This echoes for the night time show also if Lionheart beats Joey Hayes tonight it reads results wise that Noam Dar and Lionheart are better wrestlers than the guy that's going to WWE so doesn't make sense to me?

I suppose they could do it Dar beats Hayes to give Dar a rub saying you will be following me soon to WWE and have Hayes beat Lionheart and say that Lionheart pushed him to the limit on his last match before Lionheart retires but just came short and have Lionheart put Hayes over on the mic as the better man and bow out gracefully like he done at BCW?

That doesn't really make any sense what your saying, so you'd have Dar lose in the pre show going into the match against Morrison that they've been building all year. Plus from that statement I take it, all the ex WWE talent, or outisde of this country talent that comes to this country should automatically go over because they appeared for the bigger federations.

This literally make NO sense. If I was a promoter, and a guy was on their way to the WWE (which is it confirmed Joey Hayes if off?? Seems a bit random, and he is very small by WWE standards, even nowadays) I would job him out to every potential main eventer I had. It's not my job to make someone look good for the WWE, the WWE are more than capable to do it on their own.

• Moderators
Plus from that statement I take it, all the ex WWE talent, or outisde of this country talent that comes to this country should automatically go over because they appeared for the bigger federations.

Fucking right they should! I wanna see the stars going over!

Were refunds offered because of the enforced no-show?

Why wouldnt they go over? You need TV to put stars over. If you want to give your locals the rub have them save the ex-WWEers from a beat down or team them together. People pay to see the big names win.

I think the best way to do it is to try and secure them as a semi-regular. So they'll appear 3 or 4 times over the course of the year. Have them destroy the Brit in the 1st match relatively easily, have it get a bit more competitive with matches 2 or 3, and then after the 3rd have a face-off with the final guy, who shall win and get the handshake. Obviously, you can't do this with every import, but I think they need to get at least one win to set a baseline figure. Then it makes the guy who gets the win look even bigger.

R.e the Joey Hayes going to WWE bound is more to do with me piecing together postings on his Facebook and having people congratulate him and seeing people wish him luck on WWE try outs in November. I've been busy with what's happened in my family life with my gran just passing away so I've just naturally assumed by now it would have been public knowledge so my original post was going on it being widely known public knowledge he was WWE bound. If it is not public knowledge then I apologise for overstepping the mark here and causing any problems with Joey Hayes and if he is not WWE bound then I am sorry for piecing things from Facebook and that my original post is invalid then.

• Paid Members

Zack Sabre Jr faced El Ligero instead of Eddie Edwards tonight. Ligero won with the C4L in what Big Benny HG described on Twitter as a cracking match. Sounds right up my street as well, that.

Zack Sabre Jr faced El Ligero instead of Eddie Edwards tonight. Ligero won with the C4L in what Big Benny HG described on Twitter as a cracking match. Sounds right up my street as well, that.

With all due respect to Eddie Edwards I honestly believe Zack and Ligs is a better match anyhow.

Archived