Preston City Wrestling - Festive Fury Supershow 09/12/12

fludder99

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Breaking news: Edwards, Elgin and Johnny Moss are stuck in Germany, so not at the show. Apparently there are people everywhere, a good 800 in attendance.

Yeah it was jam packed and a really great show with trav and masters and dar and morrison both having superb bouts

66085_4979846213735_1151183663_n.jpg

32287_4979844773699_2062355528_n.jpg

Quickresults from tonight

1. Dave Rayne wins the MITB over Sam Bailey, BT Gunn, CJ Banks, Martin Kirby & Dean Allmark

2. El Ligero beat Zack Sabre Jr.

3. Disco Madness (Sam Bailey & Mad Man Manson) beat Bubblegum & T-Bone

4. Joey Hayes beat Lionheart in his last match before retiring.

5. Dave Mastiff beat Eugene

6. PCW Champion Kris Travis beat Chris Masters

7. John Morrison beat PCW Cruiserweight Champion Noam Dar (Non title)

Hang on...

So they've booked Goldust, The Steiner Brothers and Bobby Lashley on the same show? How freakin' random is that!

1PDUB! 1PDUB! 1P .... oh wait.

Dont worry...

I was thinking it too. HOWEVER, we cannot simply compare the two. Who in the right mind would travel to see Bobby Lashley?

• Paid Members

Lashley is unnecessary expense. If you want to book Lashley do it for a future show. Putting the Steiner Brothers on a card in the US is a huge novelty, because Rick doesn't do dates anymore and the Steiners have only wrestled a handful of matches together since 1997. The Steiners doing a show together for the first time in decades would be a huge deal. I can't imagine Lashley coming cheap. Goldust as well. He's a big name and fresh off decades of TV for WWF/E. WCW and TNA. You could have got a few shows over a couple of months out of that lot.

You could have done Bobby Lashley on a show, then Scott Steiner on one show, then Goldust on the next ones, then you could have brought the Steiners back as a tandem, instead of mashing them all on one show.

Well, Eddie, Elgin and Moss all arrived late and were great guys and Eddie and Elgin were especially gutted to not compete. Eddie was saying he had a few matches with Sabre Jr in Japan and would have loved to have this match but oh well. I have to say I enjoyed this show, Masters vs Travis was brilliant and was probably the best PCW match I have seen. Dar vs Morrison was twice as long and had its moments but I felt that Masters is a much better showman than JoMo and got the job done in half the time. Eugene vs Mastiff was loads of fun too.

Joey Hayes vs Lionheart was pissbreak stuff apart from the speech at the end and Mad man Manson is dying out there now, maybe its the effect of seeing his shtick a few times but he stinks up the place and the insider jokes don't do it for me.

But overall, a decent first half and a brilliant second half. I will be back for the Steinerz supershow, or maybe an earlier one depending on what's on offer!

Archived