Ricky Knight and family on tv

SuperstarNeilC

• Paid Members

I also really enjoyed it, came across as a normal family doing an ab-normal job, felt for Saraya Sr. about losing her daughter especially when she was moaning about Rick being more focused on the business but when he broke down at the airport my heart went out to him too. Seemed like a loving close family, Zebra Kid gets alot of shit aswell probably rightly so but he seemed to hold his hands up to it in his small segment. Could see a 6 episode series coming from this, plenty that wasn't covered all that much. Shows like this would be an interesting idea for the WWE Network to help to get them know their new and developing talent. If anyone can help me teach my dog to properly carry birthday cards in it's mouth it'd be much appreciated.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking forward to next week. More Tizer, please!

There's a next week? Please tell me there is!

I think you will find they were talking about the segments of the hour show, Part 1 - i.e the first 15 minutes etc.

They said it would possibly lead to more.

Thanks to everyone on here for your messages of support over the program and its encouraging that 95 percent of them are positive, The country as a whole have gone mad for it including some celebrities so fingers crossed it could lead somewhere positive, watch this space.

Thats good news. I know earlier in the thread you hinted at a possible series if all went well and hopefully thats the case because if a series does well its sure to mean that it'll draw attention to the reason you were in a position to make a documentary in the first place, WAW and if C4 pick up both the doc and WAW then British Wrestling is back on mainstream TV and ironically enough Alex Shane wont have had a hand in it.

I think you will find they were talking about the segments of the hour show, Part 1 - i.e the first 15 minutes etc.

Yeah, sorry about that.

I wonder if this appealed because the usual fly on the wall stuff here is those TOWIE sorts? This was the opposite end of that, with the utmost respect. I certainly hope for a full series.

Knights > Osbournes.

Yeah, sorry about that.

I wonder if this appealed because the usual fly on the wall stuff here is those TOWIE sorts? This was the opposite end of that, with the utmost respect. I certainly hope for a full series.

Knights > Osbournes.

When they showed the intro on Sunday Brunch last weekend it really came across as being the same kind of pisstake tone as the Gypsy shows, but ended up being more respectful thankfully.

When they showed the intro on Sunday Brunch last weekend it really came across as being the same kind of pisstake tone as the Gypsy shows, but ended up being more respectful thankfully.

That's probably exactly the audience Channel 4 were targeting, hence why everything except the product itself looked like a knock-off of that sort of elitist reality show. That's my biggest concern if they get a series, that Channel 4 will want to turn it into "Haha look at this family, they're wrestlers? Are they idiots or something? All wrestlers except The Rock are losers" and they'll be portrayed as a family of hustlers as opposed to a real family that genuinely love each other have a lot of respect in their profession, which is how they were represented in the documentary and exactly why I enjoyed watching it.

As I say, I did enjoy it a lot. Thanks to Ricky and your family for letting us in. I sincerely hope nothing but the best for you and your family in the future, and if you do end up with a series - fingers-crossed it's similar to this one!

I would love to see a series, but as others have said I think it would probably turn into something that isn't like the original episode. The series would be less about family sentiment and more about car crash TV in the shape of the other shite channel 4 normally churn out.

• Paid Members
Thanks to everyone on here for your messages of support over the program and its encouraging that 95 percent of them are positive, The country as a whole have gone mad for it including some celebrities so fingers crossed it could lead somewhere positive, watch this space.

Thats good news. I know earlier in the thread you hinted at a possible series if all went well and hopefully thats the case because if a series does well its sure to mean that it'll draw attention to the reason you were in a position to make a documentary in the first place, WAW and if C4 pick up both the doc and WAW then British Wrestling is back on mainstream TV and ironically enough Alex Shane wont have had a hand in it.

Ay, and then World of Sport'll come back.

Archived