Ricky Knight and family on tv

SuperstarNeilC

Before watching the documentary I was convinced that it would be a complete piss take of the British Wrestling scene and really make everyone look like fools....however I was massively wrong.

This documentary highlighted the whole Knight family in a very positive manner and for the non wrestling fan viewer the emotion showed by the family across the journey was portrayed perfectly.

I have to be honest, I have heard good and bad regarding the Knight family but my respect went up for them a lot after watching this documentary and their passion for wrestling (especially British Wrestling) should never go unnoticed.

Ricky and Saraya I would just like to say congrats on the documentary and the British wrestling scene is lucky to have a family care so much about it's continuation and development of future stars.

It's nice seeing Brittani progress in the WWE system and I hope that continues for her.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your comments guys, the forum has been the same as everywhere else, very positive. The producers and C4 are buzzing at the response so we are really hoping something comes of this. The Director Max Fisher is himself a wrestling fan and shares our hope that UK Wrestling may be back on TV, So we have someone rooting for us.

• Paid Members

Britani's accent isn't that broad really though, is it? Not compared to the rest of the family I thought. They'll know soon enough if she asks for a beer in a bar and gets a massive bear instead.

• Paid Members
Ricky, did WWE have any comments about Zak and Britani's accents? As a fellow Norfolk boy, i'm curious if WWE mentioned it at all.

TBH Never mentioned it buddy

That's nice to know. Thanks.

Like everyone else says, it was a really good show that didn't portray the Knights or the British Wrestling in the negative type of way many of us seemed to fear it would.

After watching the Hooligans at last IPW I'd of thought Japan might be a better fit than WWE. Obviously everyone wants to get to the bright lights of WWE but having some fresh tours in Japan certainly couldn't hurt their reputation, I can imagine NOAH would love their hard hitting aggressive style and after taking Zack Sabre Jnr on board with so much success they might be open to bring over some more Brits.

Hope the film maker gets the chance to do more documentaries with either the Knights or British wrestling in general.

• Paid Members
It doesn't matter. Norfolk will suddenly be London when she's called up. It's the WWE geography way, just ask my fellow "Mancunian" Wade Barrett or "Cardiffs own" Mason Ryan.

On NXT she is being announced as being from "Norwich, England" so far.

It doesn't matter. Norfolk will suddenly be London when she's called up. It's the WWE geography way, just ask my fellow "Mancunian" Wade Barrett or "Cardiffs own" Mason Ryan.

Because "Ayr, Scotland" is such a common place for a wrestler to come from....

I was surprised at how empty the shows were. I remember Ricky saying years ago that WAW had drawn over 2,000 people on occasion. Really hope the crowds go up for them.

Definitely good to see this show, got a bit of a soft for their family and have done for a long time. Will be watching for progress.

Its the summer shows these days I think, Premier (where they showed the tag match) in Bournemouth during the winter/ spring shows tends to get a packed house with 300+ people there often, come summer season you have 6 weeks to choose from if your not adie hard to go and your regulars are divided. You get some tourist footfall which brings the crowed up a bit but not as much as It is for a one off show. Thats how I see it anyway. I think the shows that were quite empty for WAW were summer season shows if I was watching properly?

The other WAW show they aired was packed

Archived